News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rainbow high

rainbow high Profile Photo
Member Name: rainbow high
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Urinetown
 Aug 1 2006, 09:52:34 PM
jajajunkie's right.. I searched google with a quote from the show hoping to find a quote site or something... I really didn't pay attention to the year, just where I could ask my question & not be shunned to FAQ-hell.

Thanks SweetNAwful for the quote! I appreciate it.

One of my favorite shows, I wish they'd revive it soon since it was basically forced to close on Broadway.

re: Urinetown
 Aug 1 2006, 10:24:25 AM
Does anyone know the quote about "This is a musical" that's somewhere in the dialogue between Little Sally & Officer Lockstock about hydrolics? Too funny, & I wish I could remember it verbatim. Anyone have the libretto lyring around? Someone borrowed mine & I haven't seen it since
re: Jacques Brel rush...
 Apr 30 2006, 11:07:22 AM
Awesome, thanks!
re: Jersey Boys Seating
 Apr 30 2006, 10:00:05 AM
I sat front row in house left... being so close you may miss a little feet movement, & you can see into the stage left wing, but it didn't take away anything for me. There's a lot of audience interaction & being so close was fun in that sense.

Mezz would probably be awesome, too... they're always my preferred seats as opposed to back of the orchestra or partial view in the orchestra in any show.

Jacques Brel rush...
 Apr 30 2006, 09:57:04 AM
I don't believe there's a student policy for Jacques Brel (talkinbroadway.com doesn't list one) but I was just wondering if anyone had heard differently. I'd like to try going tonight for the 7:00 show. Thanks!
History Boys / Faith Healer rush policy
 Apr 18 2006, 12:53:43 PM
Anyone know what the deal is? I checked www.talkinbroadway.com but it didn't mention anything. Thanks!
re: Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Not the Least Bit Outdated
 Mar 14 2006, 11:38:55 PM
I did a cabaret at my school last fall of Brel's music. Some of it's in Alive & Well..., some isn't. It was my first exposure to his music & I fell in love with his lyrical writing & effective melodies. I'm going on Saturday & I can't wait! I'm excited to see how they same songs we did in our show are done, since they're do engrained in my mind as being a certain way. I'm also looking forward to hearing the songs I haven't heard yet.
re: Stephanie J. Block and others at New Voices at the Duplex, March 13th!!
 Mar 14 2006, 03:59:02 PM
I was probably at the table in front of you, Alli. I was with a friend & three other girls we didn't know were seated with us. We went for Sebastian, primarily, but I loooove Jeffrey Kuhn (saw him in Assassins) & I was thrilled he would be there, since I didn't see him on the list when I first made reservations. I was bummed that Wayne Wilcox couldn't be there, but Christopher Hanke sang his song so beautifully!

I've never seen Stephanie J. Block do anything before, but daaaamn, can she

re: BWW.com TV Presents: BROADWAY BEAT with 'Barefoot in the Park' and 'Jacques Brel'
 Feb 25 2006, 10:18:46 PM
I can't wait for Brel! I hope they have student tickets or some sort of rush policy. Anyone know any details?
re: Barefoot in the Park previews begin tonight 1/24
 Jan 24 2006, 12:06:26 PM
I'm going! Classes start tomorrow but when I get a little time I'll start a new thread about it.
re: I MISS ASSASSINS!
 Jan 13 2006, 08:55:45 AM
I saw it on July 16th (matinee) & I was absolutely blown away. I went in knowing nothing except when I had seen at the Tony's & heard about it review-wise (which is why I chose to go) & hooooly cow, it is definitely one of the top performances I have ever seen. I did a Squeaky Fromme monologue & character analysis for a final last month, & I just keep getting more & more in love with this show. I'd love for it to open somewhere again, like Off-Broadway or something for a short period of time, th
re: Secret Garden - FIRST POST
 Dec 6 2005, 10:37:28 AM
"Steven Pasquale is a star.
How he hasn't had a musical written for him is beyond me. Such control and passion all with an understated simplicity. He was stunning."

I was just saying to a friend this morning that I hope he has an original part in an original musical on Broadway soon, because yesterday he easily earned the title of my favorite male performer in all aspects. I love how you summed it up with "such control and passion with an understated simplicity." The simplicity is

re: Secret Garden - FIRST POST
 Dec 6 2005, 08:22:09 AM
I'll give my two cents, just because.

I absolutely 100% agree about Steven. For me, he stole the show (followed closely by Michael Arden & Celia Keenan-Bolger, personally). "Lily's Eyes"... oooh my goodness. That's the one song I was looking forward to the most (I only know about three others) & it met my expectations. It was definitely a "Whoa, this guy is hugely versatile & he's done everything I've seen so very well." I'm just awestruck by his talent. "Race You to the Top of the Morn

re: Sweeney Todd Rush
 Oct 22 2005, 11:28:22 AM
I've seen shows in that theatre before & everything's pretty good, there's only one level & that's the mezz. It's a smaller theatre.
re: Dan Folger out of Spelling Bee?
 Oct 13 2005, 11:50:09 AM
Lisa Yuen was on for Deborah Craig as Marcy last night. She was great, was it her first time on? I know the understudies at Spelling Bee haven't had a lot of opportunities to go on, because of that cute little video they had.

I would LOVE to see Todd go on, thanks for the info! I saw him in Godspell in 2001 & loved him.

re: Fave solo recordings by Broadway actors
 Feb 14 2005, 11:30:43 PM
Most of the solo recording I know come from Rent cast members, but they have some great stuff.

Adam Pascal, Anthony Rapp, Idina Menzel
Caren Lyn Manuel
Matt Caplan
Joshua Kobak / Swim
Chad Richardson
Jeremy Kushnier
Cary Shields / Poncho
Karmine Alers

There's a lot of them (definitely forgetting some), & I enjoy them all, for the most part. I think since Rent has such a youthful, rockish type of voice to it a lot of the actors are themselves serious

re: Caren Lyn Manuel in RENT
 Jan 23 2005, 10:42:40 PM
I think you can get her CD at cdbaby.com now, but I'm not sure.

Highly recommend the Evita recording she's on. Not that I love her Evita or anything... *hides icon*

re: BROADWAY MARATHON 2005
 Jan 8 2005, 08:31:01 PM
Avenue Q, Hairspray, Rent, & Wicked all do a lotto & that's the cheapest way to get good seats. I know that Wicked is always majorly crowded (normally I would have said wicked crowded but my Boston roots would have turned against me for that ^_^), & that Rent is very undeterminable as to how many people will be there on what day. Avenue Q only pulls about 6 names. I don't know, if you need details about it you could PM me unless you already know about them & this post is really pointless.
<

Wicked cast 12/10/04 ?
 Jan 6 2005, 12:02:27 PM
My aunt saw the show on December 10th & she doesn't have her playbill & she was wondering I could figure out the cast she saw. Can anyone fill me in? Thanks!
re: Broadway performers/Faerie Tale Theatre
 Jan 5 2005, 03:34:22 PM
I only remember Pee Wee Herman being in it, because I knew who he was as a little girl. That's so cool, though! I tried finding episodes available online or something, but I couldn't really find any. Any info on where I could find them? Those things were so great!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You