News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NotScott

Member Name: NotScott
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

On The Twentieth Century Previews
 Feb 26 2015, 04:13:04 PM
He wears a tank top. Not very scandalous, but proof he hasn't let himself go after Rocky.
Cinderella - TDF Seat Locations?
 Apr 14 2013, 01:10:47 PM
Has anybody bought tickets for Cinderella from TDF? How were your seats?
JEKYLL & HYDE Previews
 Apr 5 2013, 12:33:26 PM
>>It's not as nice looking as I thought it would be... It's kind of boring.<<

That sums up the show itself quite nicely too.

Sound of Music - Papermill
 Dec 7 2012, 10:22:49 AM
How bad are the $34 ticket views? I've never been out to Paper Mill and I'd love to see a show there but they charge nearly Broadway prices.
Theatres for rent?
 Aug 17 2011, 02:23:34 PM
Hey everybody,

If you were looking to produce a show in an Off Broadway size house (lets say below 250 seats), what resources would you use to try and find a space? I'm basically looking for rentals and just trying to figure out the best place to look.

Thanks!

'Anything Goes' Starting Time
 Apr 17 2011, 08:47:30 PM
I read somewhere that they did it for their subscribers, many of whom prefer the 7:00pm start time.
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 Apr 15 2011, 02:23:11 PM
Did anybody happen to follow around Malcolm? I think the only time I ever saw him all night was at the banquet scene. I find the idea of him being a detective interesting, but I'm not sure if they ever did anything with it.
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 Apr 13 2011, 06:36:09 PM
Beware of SPOILERS:

Things I saw:
-Skinny guy in one of the stores on the "shop" street did an examination on what appeared to be a dead girl. She eventually woke up and they did a dance together. I think she may have been one of the witches?
-Witch orgy scene in the nightclub with Macbeth. Lady in a red dress sits in the back and watches the whole time.
-Lady Macbeth's "out damn spot" scene and her getting in the tub to cleanse herself
-Same skinny guy from shop appe

The New York Times purchases ATC
 Apr 1 2011, 12:18:35 AM
You think perhaps it might be an April Fool's Day joke?

I do.

HipTix Question
 Mar 20 2011, 12:04:47 PM
You can always buy your tickets directly at the box office and walk away with them in your hands. I did this for Anything Goes last week and they never asked for ID or proof of membership. I have a HipTix Gold account and they didn't even bother to verify it.
Play Dead!
 Jan 21 2011, 10:37:55 AM
I would also say the show is more fun-scary than scary-scary. Sure people scream at times, but it is more screams of laughter than screams of terror.

Nobody refused to go up on stage at the performance I attended. He did seem to pick mostly younger people (under 35) for the extended bits. Probably because they are less likely to say "no".

Play Dead!
 Jan 20 2011, 10:53:31 AM
Maryway44-

There were less than 60 people there on Tuesday night (but one of them was David Blaine). TDF gave me row E seats 5 and 7, but we were moved to 7 & 9 I think because of a broken seat. To give ourselves a little space, we moved to seats 9 and 11. I was brought up on stage to participate in the crowbar bit, if that makes sense.

Dave1606 - it is about advertised at 85 minutes long, but I think it went longer. They also held the house for awhile, but you'll be out be

Play Dead!
 Jan 19 2011, 12:26:14 PM
I saw this show last night and really enjoyed it. I got a TDF ticket and ended up in Row E, seats 7 and 9. I took the seat by the wall but I got still picked to "participate" in the show. Closer and on the aisle is better, but I still got my fair share of interaction sitting by the way.
Heathers Concert at Joes Pub
 Sep 15 2010, 11:29:51 AM
"Just out of curiousity, are you aware that "F*ck me gently with a chainsaw" is probably one of the most quoted lines from the movie?"

I'm guessing the answer is "no". Ignorance breeds intolerance.

The "tasteless and offensive" line is choice too. I mean, did you even see the movie? If you can't handle the tone and subject matter of the movie then of course you are going to be offended by the musical.

Heathers Concert at Joes Pub
 Sep 15 2010, 12:01:42 AM
The guy can't post a link to his review of the concert?

Or are you just throwing a fit about his EDITED language? Grow up. Why don't you go harass the South Park guys for getting Book of Mormon to Broadway. That seems like something you would do.

Afton C. Williamson to Take Over for Washington in RACE June 15
 May 11 2010, 10:02:54 PM
That's nice they gave it to the understudy. Did anybody out there happen to catch her the one time she went on?
re: who have you gotten stuff back from?
 May 11 2010, 09:54:10 PM
This may be a dumb question to ask, but for those of you who have gotten signed playbills and photos back, did you send them to them for signature or just write them a letter and include a SASE? I'd send my own stuff, but I'm worried if I don't get a response I'd lose my Playbills. Plus it's not like they don't have tons of them sitting around.

If you don't send your own stuff, do you ask for particular things when you write? Or is it best to send a general fan letter and hope for

Michele Obama AT Memphis Today
 Mar 22 2010, 02:20:03 PM
Nice try, orangeskittles but unfortunately you are trying to argue with Chuck012 by using facts. Since his response Bush using gov't resources to travel was basically "get over Bush!", you should realize that he isn't as much concerned with the truth as he is just trying to heckle Obama and the Democrats. This is the typical Republican response these days.

"You are entitled to your own opinions but you aren't entitled to your own facts."

Also, every President uses government

Michele Obama AT Memphis Today
 Mar 22 2010, 11:11:26 AM
Hate to break it to you, Chuck012, but Obama isn't up for re-election in November.

And also, no need to mention that George W. Bush used tax payer money to take Air Force One to his ranch in TX an estimated total of 77 times during his 8 year term. I guess that isn't relevant, right?

Mamet's RACE 'Extended to June 13 only'
 Mar 4 2010, 02:41:29 PM
Isn't that what they do in the West End?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You