News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for acd114

acd114 Profile Photo
Member Name: acd114
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Bacchae....Anyone?
 Aug 12 2009, 02:06:53 PM
I thought that the show was disturbing and left the audience with feelings of hopelessness and pathos... which is exactly what a Greek Tragedy is supposed to do.
I can't say that I "enjoyed" the show in the traditional sense of the word, because I walked out feeling unsettled... but I can tell you that I am glad that I went and I'm very glad that I got to see the show.
It was an excellent interpretation of a play that is hardly ever performed and is mainly read... because the chorus

re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
 Jul 11 2009, 04:54:22 PM
Got in line at 250am. Around 417 in line. Missed tickets by 150-200 people. As I left the park the wonderfully nice and handsome line guy was breaking up the line on cpw. The public will only run one line at a time. All of those folks had to move to tonights stand by. Make sure u thank the staff at the public. They're feeling overwhelmed and bad for turning so many people away. The public is doing an amazing job. Say thanks.
 Jul 10 2009, 10:59:51 AM
If anybody finds out what time the last people to get tickets got in line today, could you give us an update? ( I know we won't know until 1:30sih.... but I thought I'd ask..)
 Jul 9 2009, 05:53:40 AM
good point ghostlight. I guess the fact is that it's going to vary from night to night as the whether or not 217 is in the beginning of the stack of tickets that they have to give out, or near the end. Either way, I'll take the free theater.
 Jul 8 2009, 11:49:27 PM
well boo... alas! BUT I'm glad that you got tickets!!!! Hope that you liked it!
 Jul 8 2009, 11:45:09 PM
I'm confused... if the Delacorte has 1800 seats... approx 360 (give or take) are given to sponsors each night.. even if you round 360 to 500... that should mean that 750 people in line would be able to get tickets... even if each person got 2 tickets each. How did they run out at 204?
 Jul 8 2009, 08:36:30 AM
How does it work when the line forms outside of the park before 6am? Is it monitored at all? When the park opens does everybody respect the order of the line? Or is it a mad rush in? Thanks for the info!
 Jul 6 2009, 01:01:57 PM
Stand by line is 1 ticket per person - when you get in line your entire party needs to be there with you
 Jul 6 2009, 10:32:47 AM
Thanks for all the info guys! I ended up getting tickets last night from the standby line! Here's the story of Sunday:
- Regular ticket line - the last person that got tickets from this line got to the park at 5:45
- Vouchers - once they run out of tickets in the regular line, the next 50 people in line get vouchers for 2 tickets - they can go home and show back up at 6:30 - these aren't guaranteed, but you have a pretty good shot - you're technically the first people in the stand by l

re: Twelfth Night - Shakespeare In The Park
 Jul 4 2009, 08:05:51 AM
I'm new to the Shakespeare in the Park experience... if I wanted to get tickets for tomorrow night's (Sunday, 7/5/09) performance, would 7am be early enough to be in line? (I'm coming in from CT) or do you think it would just be better to get in the stand by line around 3pm or so? (all the while having my name in the virtual line of course!) Thanks for the info!
re: Twelfth Night Review
 Jul 4 2009, 08:03:41 AM
I'm new to the Shakespeare in the Park experience... if I wanted to get tickets for tomorrow night's performance, would 7am be early enough to be in line? (I'm coming in from CT) or do you think it would just be better to get in the stand by line around 3pm or so? (all the while having my name in the virtual line of course!) Thanks for the info!
Shakespeare in the Park Lines
 Jul 4 2009, 08:02:53 AM
I'm new to the Shakespeare in the Park experience... if I wanted to get tickets for tomorrow night's performance, would 7am be early enough to be in line? (I'm coming in from CT) or do you think it would just be better to get in the stand by line around 3pm or so? (all the while having my name in the virtual line of course!) Thanks for the info!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You