News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for geniuswithADD

Member Name: geniuswithADD
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Musicals You Wish You'd Seen
 Jul 31 2009, 10:37:12 PM
Well, besides everything, I really wish I would've seen Caroline, or Change. I just got the music yesterday, and I'm completely in love with it.
re: Bryant Park switcheroo tomorrow....
 Jul 22 2009, 07:34:33 PM
I'm really excited N2N is playing instead of Wicked. I'm seeing both shows the first week of August, but I didn't want to see Wicked again at Bryant Park. I'm excited.
re: Composers that can't read sheet music
 Jul 22 2009, 06:17:25 PM
John Bucchino can't read music. He plays on a keyboard and the computer writes it down.
re: Seeing Shows By Yourself
 Jul 22 2009, 04:37:59 PM
I love going to the theatre with different people. I saw Wicked with a friend who put on the show with me, and it was a completely different experience than seeing Wicked with a group of people. When I saw RENT the first time, it was with a girl, the second time, a boy. Completely different feelings. Going by yourself also gives you a different perspective. You get so many new experiences by going with different people.
re: I HATE to be like everyone else, but NY Trip Advice
 Jul 21 2009, 12:59:32 AM
I'm female, but thank you for defending me. I know Hair is great, but if I go to see it in two weeks, I won't appreciate it. And when I do go see it, I want to be able to appreciate it for what it is. If that doesn't make me a genius, then I'm fine being stupid. I just feel like I need to ease my way into something like that. I don't want to go and not understand it and have a bad impression of it.
 Jul 20 2009, 11:00:34 PM
South Pacific sounds great. haha. I've heard a lot of bad things about 9 to 5. But Stephanie J Block is in it, so that might definitely be an option. Which would be easier to rush?

I'm sorry that I'm not into Hair. I have never seen it, so I can't even say it's bad show. It's probably great. And I'm sure the experience is completely worth it. I came to this board for advice, not to be criticized.

Jul 20 2009, 10:31:19 PM
Can anyone recommend anything that isn't Hair? I really don't want to see it. Maybe I'll see it some other time or when it tours, but I just don't want to see it in two weeks. No offense to Hair fans, I'm sure it's great.
re: Some shows that appear to be hurting in the summer
 Jul 20 2009, 10:16:44 PM
not to sound like an idiot, (okay i'm gonna sound like an idiot), but what is stunt-casting?
re: Flops that Deserve a Second Chance
 Jul 20 2009, 09:52:57 PM
I love Legally Blonde. The music is upbeat, the dancing is phenomenal, and the musical is so much better than the movie.

I just wish the people going to see it weren't all dimwitted blondes who think it'll be just like the movie. Soooo many girls in skimpy dresses were there when I saw it. The girls next to me left at intermission. Sorry girls, but do research before you assume a show is going to be the same. Ugh.

Jul 20 2009, 10:29:22 AM
haha. By overwhelming, I was talking about the Tony performance. There were just so many people on stage and then they're running off stage! haha. I know that I relaly shouldn't be scared of a musical, haha. It's just a little intimidating. But I guess sooooo many people like it, so obviously there's something in that.
re: 'Jukebox Musicals'
 Jul 20 2009, 09:41:31 AM
haha, I was actually just googling that site. Or well, I googled "list of jukebox musicals" and that came up. I didn't realize Wikipedia would have such a list. I guess the site is better than I thought. Thanks!!!
re: 'Jukebox Musicals'
 Jul 20 2009, 09:35:24 AM
Oh, I know the definition. haha. Sorry, I should have specified. I was just wondering if anyone had a list of which musicals out there do have songs that are from other things.
"Jukebox Musicals"
 Jul 20 2009, 09:32:08 AM
So, which musicals are jukebox musicals? I'm just curious, because I've seen the term around here a lot.
re: Bare: A Pop Opera
 Jul 20 2009, 08:53:11 AM
Yeah, it's the official recording. Thank you so much!
 Jul 20 2009, 08:52:10 AM
I've already seen Avenue Q on tour. It was amazing. Yes, I'm going to Ellen's. I'm really excited, because I've heard a lot of good things about it. See, everyone recommends Hair, but for some reason, it sort of scares me. The music is nice, but like, it just seems to be like, overwhelming of a show. Is that weird?
re: Bare: A Pop Opera
 Jul 20 2009, 12:09:18 AM
I'm in love with this show. I can't get over it. I have the recording of where it isn't Michael, but I don't know who it is. But I youtube-watched the entire show with Michael Arden and fell completely in love.
I HATE to be like everyone else, but NY Trip Advice
 Jul 19 2009, 11:54:53 PM
I'm going to New York City from August 3rd to August 7th (though really only there Monday night to Friday morning.)

Monday night- I'm going to the Bobby Cronin CD recording (Natalie Weiss emailed me about it- I'm sooo excited).
Tuesday- we're doing the normal touristy stuff of the city. Then we're seeing Next to Normal. Afterwards, I'm going to Broadway Sessions (hopefully).
WEDNESDAY- This is the day I need advice on. This day, all we're doing is walking around the theatre dis

re: An N2N tour IS in the works..
 Jul 19 2009, 11:31:07 PM
Do you think it would come anywhere near Pittsburgh or Cincinnati?
who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Jul 19 2009, 10:37:50 PM
So you can really just send things to whomever you wish at the theatre they're currently performing and if you're lucky, they'll send it back? What happens if you don't get it back? What about those not currently performing?
re: What is your currently your favorite cast recording?
 Jul 19 2009, 10:12:53 PM
Lately, I've been listening to every show I can get my hands on, but I keep going back to Next to Normal and Bare. Both are shows I learned this summer (as I'm doing a LEARN MUSICALS THIS SUMMER sort of thing) and I'm absolutely obsessed with both.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You