News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for boylikethat

boylikethat Profile Photo
Member Name: boylikethat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Considering the Broadway thriller
 Aug 31 2021, 12:02:59 PM

It was more of a dark comedy but Hand to God definitely had horror elements to it. Saw it from the front row and the final scene and epilogue made me jump in my seat. 

Delta Variant and Broadway
 Jul 31 2021, 04:24:11 PM

binau said: "Mmm sorry to hear you have symptoms despite vaccine - in theory/statistically it is probably helping you greatly and you’ll be ok! Personally I think the UK is a good test case for what could happen in the US re: Delta variant. The cases might run wild but the vaccine still appears to be working well in terms of preventing very severe illness and death for most people. Fingers crossed but I hope it’ll be ok! What could be more worrying is another variant we d

Delta Variant and Broadway
 Jul 31 2021, 03:02:23 PM

I have been missing Broadway something fierce and am currently have a flight booked for a weekend in September. I live in WA state.  Already bought a ticket to Waitress and am hoping to also see Chicken and Biscuits. I am happy to see the return of live theater.

That being said, I definitely support the mask mandate and am curious to see how Delta plays out. Full disclosure: I tested positive for Covid this morning. Have no taste or smell since Thursday, heavy congestion that is a

"Bye Bye Birdie LIVE!"
 May 9 2021, 11:00:56 PM

He'd never do it but I think Bruno Mars would be a fun Conrad. He'd have charisma. Prince Royce or Kane Brown could be fun choices. Or Sam Hunt if they wanted to go "period appropriate."

Wicked Movie Seeks New Director
 Nov 22 2020, 10:36:30 AM

Globefan said: "I think Baz Luhrmann should do it."

I agree Globefan. I know Baz is a love him or hate him style over substance director but I would love to see the visuals he would bring to a movie like this. Thinking of Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge singing I'll Fly Away I also have faith that Baz could handle more quiet scenes like I'm Not That Girl. 

Favorite West Side Story song?
 Sep 6 2020, 10:07:58 PM

Depends on the day. I go back and forth between A Boy Like That and One Hand, One Heart.

Dreamcast: Desiree Armfeldt
 Jul 2 2020, 01:32:36 AM

I would love to see Kate Winslet as Desiree with Leonardo DiCaprio as her Fredrik.

The Great “Bright” Way
 Jun 29 2020, 11:30:37 PM

May I add a third option Gaveston? Can we combine your option B while simultaneously acknowledging my and possibly many others feelings (like Whoopi) towards the term? Because your option A and B by themselves are dismissive of people's feelings. I'm not saying that we everyone should acquiesce to every perceived slight of language or that we should remove black and white from all our speech and expressions. Just asking for understanding of why people might be uncomfortable with certa

The Great “Bright” Way
 Jun 29 2020, 02:15:13 AM

I didn't want to comment because I don't have "clout" on this message board but I see people keep asking if anyone has actually been offended by the phrase. I will preface this by saying this is only my opinion: I've never liked the phrase "The Great White Way." I'm neither white nor black, I'm Mexican-American. I grew up on the West Coast with Disney cartoons (Little Mermaid came out when I was 5) and the Tony Awards and found a love for Broadway outsi

Advice Regarding My Upcoming Trip
 Oct 4 2019, 12:42:49 PM

What a beautiful moment. Thank you for sharing your experience. You are always a positive light with your posts. 

Out Of Town Tryouts/Pre-Broadway Runs Question
 Aug 9 2019, 11:47:22 AM

I saw Shrek the Musical, Catch Me If You Can, Aladdin and Scandalous (when it was still Saving Aimee) in Seattle. That last one was so bad I'm surprised they moved it to New York. Catch Me was better in Seattle. I also saw Big Fish in Chicago and Moulin Rouge in Boston. 

BOM
 Nov 12 2018, 11:04:44 PM

A tie between The Book of Mormon and Hamilton-I've seen each three times.

Having actually served a two year mission there are so many things BOM gets right. Made me laugh just as hard every time. I love that show. Rannells was perfection.

Spotting Celebrities at Shows
 Sep 7 2018, 03:04:18 PM

I recently sat next to Ava DuVernay at Straight White Men.I told her I was a fan of her work as we were exiting the theater and she thanked me and shook my hand. 

I saw Victor Garbor in the lobby when I saw the out-of-town tryout of Catch Me If You Can in Seattle. I didn't approach him as he was with a friend.

Great Comet Rush
 Apr 14 2017, 05:30:47 PM

I rushed last Saturday on a whim. I walked past the Imperial about 10:05  and saw the line and decided to join it. I got two box seats house right for the evening show about 10:20. Maybe about 12-15 people in front of me. 

Book of Mormon opening night in Salt Lake City
 Jul 29 2015, 12:37:27 AM

How was the reaction to Joseph Smith American Moses?

I so wish I could see this in SLC.

Selling 1
 Apr 22 2015, 01:47:26 PM

Ticket has been sold

Hamilton Ticket Sold!
 Apr 22 2015, 01:23:44 PM

My nephew is now going to a Kai Green meet and greet (his idol) leaving me with one extra ticket for this Sunday's matinee. Row N

Asking face value of $120.00.

I would meet the buyer in front of the Public a half hour before curtain.

What was your first time in New York City like?
 Jun 25 2013, 12:55:56 AM
April 2009. My friend and I planned a last minute three day trip to NYC to celebrate college graduation. Left after our last final and flew in to JFK at midnight. I will never forget my first look at Times Square all lit up on our way to our hotel. We did all the tourist things like the Statu, Ground Zero, Central Park, Little Italy and the Metropolitan. My friend insisted on walking everywhere and we only took the subway to Battery Park. We saw three shows in three days, Shrek, Blitfhe Spirit
Chicago: Book of Mormon Seating Help
 Jun 22 2013, 07:55:38 PM
I sat in restricted view mid-orchestra all the way to the side and felt like I didn't miss anything. I think you should be fine but there's always that risk.
If you could go back in time to see one musical which one would it be?
 Apr 14 2013, 12:45:15 AM
The original WEST SIDE STORY.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You