News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for visionoflove

Member Name: visionoflove
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shakespeare in the Park Line Reports for July
 Jul 14 2010, 10:09:28 AM
Hi all!

After several failed attempts at getting tickets for this run, my sister and I are camping out tonight for Merchant of Venice. I just want to get a sense of what time I should get there tonight. It's near the end of the run, so I already know it'll be more hectic than usual, but I'm hoping with the rain forecast and it being a weekday that I'll be fine getting there around 10 or 11 - what do you all think?

re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
 Jul 11 2009, 11:52:07 PM
The rain for tonight's show wasn't at all bad. It felt more like drizzles than anything else and most people were prepared with hoodies and blankets to cover themselves with.

I passed the line on my way out and almost wanted to camp out with everyone just to keep them company. I really hope most who are there now are able to get tickets. Folks who walked by us on line last night were right though- it's worth it!

Jul 10 2009, 09:21:33 PM
I was just hearing some of the abuse from the staff - some elderly woman who ppl kept feeling bad for and giving tickets too who was actually selling them.

Just so everyone knows, the line is forming outside. Let the fun begin.

Jul 10 2009, 03:56:26 PM
"I'd argue the point that it would be better to have seen it separately than to chance never seeing it at all."

In retrospect, it probably would have been the wisest decision, but we didn't expect it would get this crazy! haha We knew that the closer we got to the 4th of July and the end of the run, the worse it would be, but for us "worse" meant having to show up at 6 or 7 (which we did) and still get tickets (which we didn't). We were also counting on weekdays being better than weeken

Jul 10 2009, 02:32:35 PM
Well, both my sister and I have tried multiple times to get tickets and have failed all those times. We weren't able to see the show early in the run (first she was busy, then I was out of town, etc.) and yes we could have seen it separately but for us it's more important to see it together -- the play itself isn't the full experience, it's the fact that we're sharing that experience together.

Anyways, so now we have to camp out to get tickets and we don't see anything wrong with this.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You