News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Michael Ybarra

Member Name: Michael Ybarra
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Full Scores of Sondheim shows?
 Mar 16 2020, 05:17:40 PM

Is there a direct link to "The Colony"? Distinctly the section that contains the Sondheim Scores(are they full piano scores, or actual full orchestral scores?)?

re: Der Glockner Von Notre Dame Cast Recording
 Feb 2 2020, 01:00:03 AM

I found some recordings of "Out There" and "Someday" from this 2004 Korean version of the Berlin production!

Out There

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5NldO-QOlQ

Someday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBDTXy01U2A

The orchestrations in this are AMAZING, as with the 1999 Berlin production, and I've been hoping to find a program of the Berlin production so I can read how many musicians played in this production, so I could recreate or take part of it as inspiration for my own orchestrations of my own compositions!

So far I've learned that orchestra is:

4 Violins

1 Viola

1 Cello

1 Bass

1 Piccolo/Flute

1 Oboe/English Horn

1 Flute/Clarinet/Alto Saxophone/Electronic Wind Instrument(for Recorder, Shawm, etc.)

1 Oboe/English Horn/Clarinet/Bass Clarinet/Tenor Saxophone

1 Clarinet/Bassoon/Baritone Saxophone

2 Trumpets: 1st/Piccolo Trumpet, and 2nd/Flugelhorn

2 Horns

1 Trombone/Euphonium

1 Bass Trombone/Tuba

3 Keyboardist with 3rd doubling as a Harp

1 Drums

1 Percussion

I've confirmed about the woodwinds, brass, keyboards, and percussion with various sources(including John Mohan, who played Trumpet for the last 3 years of the production!), but I feel that there was a larger string section than what I listed(Mohan mentioned that he had the conductor score, which said that there was a 1st and 2nd Violin, AND a 1st and 2nd Viola, and MAYBE at least 2 Cellos). Can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone even have the 2004 Korean version's program to compare with the info I listed here? I'd really appreciate it!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You