News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Coraline

Coraline Profile Photo
Member Name: Coraline
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Closing on January 3, 2010
 Dec 14 2009, 01:29:09 AM
Massofmen,

As an Economics major, I have to beg you to stop pretending you know what you are talking about.

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/8
 Nov 9 2009, 03:12:44 PM
Pretty nice week overall.

Glad to see ITH and Poppins get such large increases!

re: Billy Elliot Question
 Nov 8 2009, 08:29:40 PM
No u/s for Older Billy that night - good to know that it is not permanently cut. I told the person I was with about that moment, and he was like "Oh yeah, I remember seeing a picture of that somewhere" - referring to the picture of Kiril being held up.
re: In the Heights Review- 11.7 matinee
 Nov 8 2009, 08:02:48 PM
I actually saw the exact same performance - overall, I agree that the energy just kind of died toward the end of the show. I, however, thought

Gabrielle wasn't "phenomenal." She was cute, and ACTED the part of Nina very well, but I think she could benefit from A LITTLE more vocal training, her voice just wasn't 100% polished.

Agreed that Olga was AMAZING as Abuela. She brought so much emotion to the role, I've seen the show twice and both times she blew me away.

Billy Elliot Question
 Nov 8 2009, 07:57:11 PM
Saw BE last night with David on as Billy. It was my third time seeing it, second with David. During the sequence where Billy is dancing with his older self, the cord never came down - they did an entire routine on the floor. For my, a lot of the magic of that moment was taken away. What is the reasoning behind this? Have they completely cut it, or is it only with David because he is getting so big? (Which by the way, his days must be numbered - MANY songs were significantly lowered since I
re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
 Sep 28 2009, 12:34:38 AM
Billy Elliot on average probably had the most expensive stuff - which is why I walked away with none of it when I was hoping to buy something.
 Sep 27 2009, 11:52:24 PM
Haha - I saw the comment about the Patti costume before seeing the picture, so I FRANTICALLY looked for this picture so that I could see the costume I missed out on buying. I would have paid a lot for that...
 Sep 27 2009, 11:47:49 PM
Trekkie - where was the Doubt script? Good find!
 Sep 27 2009, 11:44:52 PM
And regarding them turning people away or not letting people in, I was at the front at about 1pm and saw that there was a line of people outside waiting to get in - I guess that they reached capacity, which I totally believed based on how crowded it was.
 Sep 27 2009, 11:42:24 PM
And regarding them turning people away or not letting people in, I was at the front at about 1pm and saw that there was a line of people outside waiting to get in - I guess that they reached capacity, which I totally believed based on how crowded it was.
The New Billy Elliot Love Thread
 Sep 27 2009, 11:41:21 PM
I somewhat agree - I heard one girl telling her parents "That was kind of cheesy how he said the actor's name"

Clearly didn't know that back story, and it kind of ruined the moment for her.

re: ITH 9/27
 Sep 27 2009, 11:31:52 PM
I saw Janet as Nina this summer (my only time seeing ITH) and fell in love with her performance - I wish her the best!
 Sep 27 2009, 11:21:50 PM
Souvenir Programs:
Sweeney Todd
Little Mermaid
Wicked
Boeing Boeing
Spelling Bee

Urinetown hat
Little Mermaid Shirt
5 High School Musical keychains
Bag of "Broadway Princess" Little Mermaid buttons
Avenue Q cut song CD

Posters:
Doubt
BCEFA Flea Market
Little Mermaid
Fuerzabruta

All for $10 :)

The New Billy Elliot Love Thread
 Sep 27 2009, 11:17:30 PM
At the end of the show tonight, Trent said "See ya, David" and David choked up a little and said "See ya, Trent."

A LOT of people around me were confused, but some audience members who clearly were followers of the show got really emotional.

Cute moment.

re: Musicals Where The Male Lead and Female Lead Are Not Romantically Invol
 Sep 23 2009, 05:13:48 PM
I think Joseph doesn't really qualify as having a love story
re: Musicals Where The Male Lead and Female Lead Are Not Romantically Involved?
 Sep 23 2009, 05:11:07 PM
Joseph...Dreamcoat
Billy Elliot
Hairspray
[title of show]

re: Hadyn Gwynne to play Violet in 9 to 5 tour?
 Sep 18 2009, 04:13:44 PM
Good - she can do better.
Hadyn Gwynne to play Violet in 9 to 5 tour?
 Sep 18 2009, 04:03:33 PM
I know WIKI is not too good of a source, but I'm wondering if there is any truth to this. Found on Hadyn Gwynne's WIKI:

In 2010, she will play Violet Newstead in the National Tour of 9 to 5.

Thoughts?

re: Seeing a show during the flea market?
 Sep 13 2009, 10:11:12 AM
I'm seeing Memphis the day before! Thanks to TDF :)
re: 'Finian's', 'Royal Family', more 'N2N' and 'Memphis Dates on TDF
 Sep 12 2009, 05:22:05 PM
Bought two tix to Memphis!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You