News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lifeisinyou

Member Name: lifeisinyou
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE CHER SHOW Reviews  Dec 11 2018, 08:29:14 PM

As a big fan of the show in Chicago (saw it three times), I went twice during a trip to NYC last week. The first time I found act 1 a bit of a head scratcher (mostly because of MAJOR changes from Chicago, lines in strange new places, etc) but thought act 2 was pretty much everything I would have wanted out of a revamped Cher Show. The second time I was able to sit back and really enjoy act 1. They use Stephanie a lot more smartly (the audience loves her so much, and I didn't even realize

THE CHER SHOW Reviews  Dec 3 2018, 08:16:03 PM

Pretty positive review from the Hollywood Reporter..

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/cher-show-theater-1165871?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 29 2018, 11:48:33 PM

She did make it, and it didn't appear to have affected the show timing or anything! Trains in NYC/NJ can be so damn brutal. 

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 26 2018, 12:01:23 AM

I don't know if it was the same in NY, but in Chicago, Star narrated the first bits of Babe's story as a "Cher-y Fairy Godmother", since it revolved around young Cher seeing Cinderella. Kind of sad to hear it's been cut to be honest, that bit always made me smile

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 19 2018, 11:24:46 AM

Particularly loving Cher hanging on Jarrod's shoulder!

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 16 2018, 04:32:12 PM

People spoiling that little "cameo" bums me out I've seen it spoiled on several blogs too. The complete and utter JOY of that moment happening when you're not expecting it is SO fun - the whole audience gasping together. So bizarre, so silly, and it works perfectly!

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 15 2018, 06:56:38 PM

The NY Times has a really interesting interview with Stephanie, Teal, and Micaela. This photo is amazing, I'm guessing these are the farewell tour outfits? They look amazing!

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 11 2018, 05:19:19 PM
I was actually pretty impressed by Teal in Chicago, but she does easily get lost among SJB’s power and the surprise of Micaela. And now that they took several songs from her, I can’t imagine her standing out much. The other two have all the big numbers, and Ain’t Nobody’s Business is about the clothes, not Teal.
THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 10 2018, 02:18:30 PM

Accidental double post

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 10 2018, 02:11:47 PM
Dark Lady would have been sung by Sonny and Greg, and it had a big dance number that was stunning. Big big bummer if that’s gone ??
THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 9 2018, 11:50:10 PM

so happy to hear that! i don't know if they're doing it how they did in chicago, but there were some LOVELY arrangements for it 

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 9 2018, 11:38:03 PM

Ohh, did they add Different Kind of Love Song back in? 

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 7 2018, 10:36:44 PM

Truly, the Believe ballad was so beautiful and gorgeous, but I can see it not fitting in this new retooling. I do really love the idea of "You Haven't Seen The Last of Me" being the crescendo of the story. But damn, I really wish that Believe ballad could be in there. The last time I saw the show in Chicago, that song got two full rounds of applause. It was insane. 

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 7 2018, 10:03:30 AM

kofler22 said: "Could someone please post a picture of the song list? Thanx a lot!!"

There won't be one until opening night, when the show is frozen

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 7 2018, 08:33:21 AM

MadsonMelo said: "If Teal had so much more than she has now, she was very lead to the show LOL"

Teal was previously Cher through all of her marriage to Greg Allman, and SJB took over when Cher started acting. There was simply more of a balance between the Cher’s, whereas it now seems SJB is undeniably the lead (and rightfully so tbh, though Teal and Micaela are both wonderful) 

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 7 2018, 01:53:22 AM
Wow, they really did change so much. Sad they took so much away from Teal.

And it kinda got buried in my first post - does sjb still sing the way of love? That was such a good moment

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 7 2018, 01:08:03 AM

Marlothom said: "Saw this show tonight, having seen it five times in Chicago (including the last performance in Chicago where they did a 4 song concert). A lot has changed. SPOILERS AHEAD."

GOODNESS that's a lot of changes! I saw it three times in Chicago and adored it so much there, though I knew it needed work. Sad so much has been gutted, particularly Cher/Rob because it showed such a sweet side of Cher. I've been trying to follow along with the change

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You