News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for beewai

beewai Profile Photo
Member Name: beewai
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Photo Coverage: WISHFUL DRINKING Opening Arrivals
 Oct 5 2009, 03:04:41 PM
Woah, I wonder if Martha Plimpton knew that snazzy blouse would photograph like an x-ray.
re: Kristin Chenoweth's speaking voice
 Oct 2 2009, 08:02:23 PM
Givesmevoice : Epic Win.
re: New NIGHT MUSIC artwork
 Oct 1 2009, 01:15:55 PM
Anyone else think that the font used for the cast billing is eerily similar to that from Murder, She Wrote? Maybe that's the 70's feeling you're getting ?
The behavior of some of the Autograph Hounds is absolutely HORRENDOUS
 Sep 30 2009, 06:27:43 PM
I wasn't responding to whose post was most accurate, but rather the slight "i'm more of an insider than you are" digs - And my response was not solely a criticism -- but maybe even a compliment as this thread has been totally entertaining to read.

"Broadway Food Chain" is easily my favorite phrase ever (followed closely by "It's not even funny") and I plan on using each at least 3 times a week.

Forever Entertained,
Beewai

The behavior of some of the Autograph Hounds is absolutely HORRENDOUS
 Sep 30 2009, 01:11:55 PM
One might argue it's no more lame than you saying that you work with them every day. You are both awesome insiders, the p*ssing contest is a tie. Your insider trophies are in the mail. Xo.
re: Why Did I Like the Passing Strange film more than the stage show?
 Sep 26 2009, 04:40:28 PM
I had a similar experience (although I enjoyed it in the theater) something about this show works very well in the medium of film. The focus is sharper. Lee seems to juxtapose things so that the relationship between Stew and the rest of the characters feels richer to me. Stew watching his own story unfold is an element to the show that hit me emotionally, and while it wasn't completely absent in the theater -- it packed a punch on film.
re: The stage door management at A STEADY RAIN is absolutely HORRENDOUS
 Sep 26 2009, 02:11:37 AM
A few hundred people crowding for 20 minutes after a show isn't catching the attention of policemen and security guards because it's not a distressing situation, in my opinion. And yes, I've been there, and viewed these 'horrendous[ly] managed conditions.

If one fancies an autograph, they should jump on ebay or burrow their way into the crowd and chalk it up to a crowded, chaotic (albeit horrendous) nyc experience -- And while I'm not suggesting that no one line up *I wouldn't dream of that** ...those that want to line up might want to consider that waiting outside to see these stars exit a building would (in it's own right) be a chaotic, hot, tranny-mess. If you find the mess to be too 'horrendous' then yes, I might suggest that perhaps one might skip out on the chaos at the stage door.

Actually, I actually think that is a pretty fantastic solution. And only mildly on topic, my candle always burns brightly .

Sep 26 2009, 01:50:35 AM
Yes, sweet wolfpit it is certainly a democracy, which is as good an argument for my comments as any of your's.

While the stage door "management" might not be working for you, the stage door was not made for the audience it was made for the cast and crew as an exit. I'm sorry you feel cheated, and I am going to light a febreeze candle tonight in hopes that rocks gets said playbill signed and personalized -- my problem is not with the desire for the autograph, but simply some peoples' de

Sep 26 2009, 01:26:29 AM
There is nothing holier than thou about acknowledging the ridiculousness of a thread that laments the management of the stage door as HORRENDOUS. If it were a small 'just so ya know' people wouldn't have to wield themselves onto their soap boxes to point out the absurdity of feeling so entitled.

The door is for exiting. The sidewalk is for pedestrians. Adjusting the barricade as the crowds become overwhelming isn't a mind blowing injustice. I DO hope you get your playbill signed. Bu

Sep 25 2009, 05:59:59 PM
WickedRocks: "And there's a HUGE difference between a slurpee maker and an A-list celebrity."

Actually, not really. I'm all for appreciating talent, but the fact that you see such a drastic distinction between said slurpee maker and a-list celebrity is the kind of baffling idolatry that is bringing this thread to a classy 'end'. Rather than what I'm sure you initially hoped would be a reassurance of your stage door entitlement and call to arms as a righteous autograph seeker.

Sep 25 2009, 03:27:41 PM
and then we'd read about the "HORRENDOUS" gall of the stars of A Steady Rain.
 Sep 25 2009, 03:18:27 PM
Just doing my part to make sure this gets to "two full pages" of thread-ery.

Honestly though, while I understand that the stagedoor is chaos and you feel entitled to an autograph and the world being fair -- I would venture to think that perhaps the stage-door man is rude because he's being yelled at. The stage door exists as an EXIT for the stars of the show. The 'chaos' exists because of the crowd outside of the stage door EXIT. I understand you want an autograph and some one on one time with dreamy mc dreamerson -- but a want is not a need. The stage door meet and greet is not part of your ticket price, the security guard is not there to rule over your stage door experience, with sound judgement and a fair hand. He is placed at an exit, to allow the stars to exit. The barricades are a pathway out of the chaos created by those clamoring for an autograph.

Do I sincerely hope you all get your playbill signed and an arm around Craig/Jackman ? -- Absoultely. Do I find it a bit peculiar that those responsible for the chaos are the first to complain about a lack of order. Absolutely. Just my two cents, feel free to go peeps on it, and throw it back in my observant face. All said with love, and a bit of a grin, so please don't feel attacked. I'm just sayin'....

re: Passing Strange Movie
 Aug 31 2009, 01:29:12 PM
Okey Dokey.
re: Best Performances You Have Seen
 Aug 31 2009, 01:40:45 AM
Some of your posts reminded me of a few I had nearly forgotten

Drama:
Jayne Houdeyshell in WELL
Dennis O'Hare in TAKE ME OUT
Cherry Jones and Brian O'Bryne DOUBT
Billy Crudup PILLOWMAN
Zoe Kazan /Carey Mulligan THE SEAGULL
Phylcia Rashad GEM OF THE OCEAN

Musicals:
Christine Ebersole - Grey Gardens
Kelli O'Hara and Victoria Clark in LITP
Alice Ripley - Next to Normal
Heather Headley - AIDA

re: Photos from Nine
 Aug 31 2009, 12:52:01 AM
Blaxx, I appreciate what you're saying - even agree to an extent. My comments were pointed for the OP
re: Passing Strange Movie
 Aug 31 2009, 12:25:21 AM
Luscious, I'm sorry to hear it didn't sit well with you. A friend wanted to watch it and I honestly said "I don't think you'll like it unless you see it at the movie theater."

This isn't a dig at her intelligence or my snazzy tv, but seeing it on the big screen with decent sound behind it was really what elevated the experience for me. I'm thinking about renting it on demand to see if something's lost in translation. But in the movie theater, Lee's choice of angles and cuts catapu

re: Grey Gardens: From East Hampton to Broadway on PBS Tonight (Check Local
 Aug 31 2009, 12:19:44 AM
Was I the only one who turned on PBS tonight hoping to catch this? I realized after a moment that it was an extremely old thread, nonetheless -- super let down :-p

I had read an interview with kelli gonda (sp?) the producer of the show (and subsequent documentary on the show) that her greatest regret was that more of the show was not captured on film for the documentary and that the production simply ran into too many union snags during the filming of the movie.

Aug 31 2009, 12:17:02 AM
To an extent I can see what everyone is saying, but my problem with the OP revolved around the condemnation of a film that no one has seen more than a trailer for.

And while I happen to think NINE the musical is brilliant and stands alone as brilliant -- I think that to do a strict translation to film wouldn't work, especially with this show. The film MUST be something new, and fresh or it won't even have a chance at succeeding.

NINE doesn't have the following that say, Ma

Aug 30 2009, 05:59:38 PM
I don't understand you how you can be so sure that something will suck based on things you have heard about the film. Granted I'm not saying you should blindly anticipate and support -- but give me a break... Film is a completely different medium. And while brilliant as a theater piece, NINE the musical isn't entirely filmic. Changes will be made but your certainty the the outcome will be utter FAIL seem just a tad bit unwarranted.
re: WINDOW CARD FRAMES
 Aug 30 2009, 05:56:12 PM
saw the same (yet separate) thread yesterday
ebay is your friend.
cheers maia3.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You