News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ChessMad

ChessMad Profile Photo
Member Name: ChessMad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

National Theatre: Follies
 Sep 8 2017, 04:56:46 AM

Long time lurker here and a big Sondheimfan. I saw the production on Broadway with Bernadette and now the National Theatres production this last Friday, 1st of September. I will compare it with the Broadway production as that is the only other Follies production I've seen. Do forgive my English if something sounds wrong, as English is not my native language.

This text will also contain A LOT of spoilers as the memory of the production still is so fresh and I want to write down the

Inside The Actors Studio with Sondheim, Peters
 Jan 4 2013, 04:04:13 PM
I've been looking for the two interviews with Stephen Sondheim and Bernadette Peters for what seems forever. Is it possible to find these two interviews anywhere online?
I know there's a few clips of Bernadettes interview and some of Liz Callaway performing a few songs from Sondheims interview.
I know that you can watch almost all other interviews on "that place", but I can't find find these two anywhere.

Would love to see them if anyone knows where to find them.

Groundbreaking Musicals
 Feb 11 2012, 07:58:29 PM
Show Boat - The first musical about a serious subject. Alcohol, racism.

Of Thee I Sing - The first musical to win a pulitzer prize.

Oklahoma! - The first musical with dance that carried the story forwards.

Kiss Me, Kate - Based on a Shakespeare play. A play within a play.

West Side Story - One of the best choreographed musicals ever. Brought up social realistic problems in its own time.

Gypsy - Incredibly well written book.

Cabaret - Used ex

Gypsy - Different endings?
 Oct 9 2011, 03:13:38 PM
I've read that some productions of Gypsy has slightly different endings. I've only ever seen the movie with Rossalind Russel and the TV-movie with Bette Midler and would love to hear the differences between all of the Broadway productions.

I've never read any of the scripts, I only have most of the cast recordings, so I would love to hear more.

Sondheim Concert set for 11/7/11 at Lincoln Center
 Aug 8 2011, 10:40:47 PM
There can never be too many Sondheim Concerts
Broadway Show Posters?
 Jul 16 2011, 04:54:31 PM
It's the place that says "Film Center" with the golden doors. You take the elevator up to the 8th floor (not sure, ask the guards) and there it is!

Broadway Show Posters?
 Jul 16 2011, 02:46:02 PM
I got a Follies Windowcard repro from Triton Gallery that I'm very pleased with. Looks exactly the same as the real windowcards. And as tommyboy said, it's much more fun to go there in person.
Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
 Apr 2 2011, 06:26:53 PM
What is a DRM Protection?
 Apr 2 2011, 05:50:34 PM
It's not working for me anymore. I downloaded it yesterday and it worked fine. When I turned it on this morning again it couldn't play it. The file is a .f4v file which makes it pretty hard to convert to DVD format unless you can flesh out money on a converter.
 Apr 1 2011, 10:33:39 PM
Yes.
It's been in "My Downloads" since I ordered it from the day the Pre-buy was released. It went into the "Available Downloads" section a few hours ago.

Apr 1 2011, 10:17:04 PM
It wont play unless you've downloaded it. It has to show up in the Available Downloads section before you can start downloading it.

My HD version just finished downloading. Fantastic quality!

Apr 1 2011, 09:57:08 PM
A tab should come up called "Available Downloads" in the menu on the left and there should be a "Start Download" button.

It took some time before it showed up for me but try shutting down and starting the player up every now and then if it doesn't show up.

Apr 1 2011, 09:28:28 PM
For those who got as far as getting to the "Start Download" button in the player, here's what worked for me:

Go to preferences and check the directory where the file will be saved. If it says "Availability: Yes" and "Download Location: No", it wont work. Click add and set a new directory (preferably in the Digital Theatre map), click save. Restart the Digital Theatre player and click "Start Download" again and that should do it.

re: who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Feb 8 2011, 12:32:36 PM
Anyone know what adress I can send my letter for Stephen Sondheim too? I've been looking online and found one but it said it might be the wrong adress.

If anyone knows the correct adress, could they please PM me it?
Thankful for any responses! :)

re: who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Oct 3 2010, 06:42:14 AM
Sorry to bring up an old thread.
I'm writing a personal letter to Patti LuPone, but I'm not sure of where to send it. There's some adresses I found online but I'm not sure about them.
Should I send it to the Belasco theatre, or somewhere else?
Feel free to PM me if you can.
Thank you!

re: Footage of NIGHT MUSIC/CZJ singing Send in the Clowns
 Dec 10 2009, 01:26:27 PM
I don't remember that much of the orchestrations in the London Show, but when I saw the show in London the orchestrations were a lot better than the ones in the video. Does anybody know if they're using the same orchestrations? And the set works really good! Even though the set isn't as dramatic as the Original it still works quite well.

Angela and CZJ are both wonderful!

Btw. You can compare the Revival sound of "Weekend" with the London one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy6ZRPRUZiY

re: Broadway/Theatre store in New York
 Sep 19 2009, 04:57:05 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the great responses!
I was actually thinking of going to Colony (as I was reccomended to go there by a travelshow on tv) but now that I hear it's expensive, I probably wont. I'll probably try the one by Marquis (as we're having dinner at the revolving restaurant, The View, I believe it's called) and Theatre Circle. I have a question about the Flea market TimesSquareRegular wrote about. Where is it located, and when does it start on Sunday? We're boarding the plane home at

Broadway/Theatre store in New York
 Sep 18 2009, 01:53:57 PM
I'm going to New York for the first time on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to visiting some Broadway/Theatre stores that sell theatre related items (kinda like an American "Dress Circle"). I've been looking for some on Google but can't quite find any good ones. Could any of you guys reccomend any for me?

Really appreciate any help.
Thanks!

who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Aug 5 2009, 06:09:10 PM
Did you send your letter to the adress posted on her website?
I was going to send something but I wasn't sure she would actually reply.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You