pixeltracker

13 the musical dress rehearsal review. (kind of)

13 the musical dress rehearsal review. (kind of)

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#113 the musical dress rehearsal review. (kind of)
Posted: 9/14/08 at 12:04am

This is going to be a very quick review since it's past my bedtime. I went into the show expecting it not to be so great. I was expecting it to be cliche and steryotipical. It wasn't. I was extreamly, pleasently suprised. I had a smile on my face the entire time. The amount of talent and energy these kids had was incredible. Everyone in the cast were triple threats, with the exception of the girl who played Kendra (weak dancer) and the guy who played Brett (weak singer) But I have every confidence they'll work their kinks out during previews. The book was also a little lacking. There were a few off colored jokes here and there, but again previews haven't even started yet. I didn't see the show at Goodspeed but I was with someone who did and he said that the show is completely different from when it played at Goodspeed. He said it was like watching a completely different show, so those of who saw it in LA or Goodspeed, see it again. It's probobly much better. So that's all I have to say for now. I might post in more detail tomorrow.
Updated On: 9/14/08 at 12:04 AM

defyinggravity42694 Profile Photo
defyinggravity42694
#2re: 13 the musical dress rehearsal review. (kind of)
Posted: 9/14/08 at 5:45pm

I agree, I loved this show, but I thought Eric had a good voice, I didn't really watch Delaney dance, but I recommend this show to everyone!

Goodbye

ILoveMyDictionary
#2re: 13 the musical dress rehearsal review. (kind of)
Posted: 9/14/08 at 5:51pm

If you noticed they tried not to give Eric a lot of singing. During Hey Kendra he kind of just talked on pitch and rythym. He was painfully flat during the movie scene. The movie scene song was in a really weird key so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Also in terms of Delaney's dancing they put her in the back most of the time, and she was kind of looking at the people in front of her for the steps, which caused her to either be early or late. I'll also give her the benfit of the doubt since she wasn't in the show at Goodspeed and only joined the Broadway cast a month ago.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#3re: 13 the musical dress rehearsal review. (kind of)
Posted: 9/14/08 at 5:54pm

You have a 12:00 AM bedtime on a Saturday?

ILoveMyDictionary
#4re: 13 the musical dress rehearsal review. (kind of)
Posted: 9/14/08 at 5:56pm

It's called a joke. I was using a figure of speech to elaborate on the fact that I was very tired and wanted to get to bed.

Videos