pixeltracker

Les Mis 25th Anniversary Tour?- Page 2

Les Mis 25th Anniversary Tour?

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#25Les Mis 25th Anniversary Tour?
Posted: 10/31/11 at 2:08pm

I saw the tour and was disappointed. So much of the new staging simply appeared to be changed for the sake of being different and had little to do with the actual story, especially the opening scene being occuring on board a prison ship. Valjean's time is up and his parole's begun. That means he can...lounge on the upper deck? Fantine's arrest was muddied by the majority of the cast milling about. The barricadette was pretty underwhelming and the slo-mo deaths with the special lighting for each individual character was the single silliest scene of the show. I felt like I was watching the introduction for the next So You Think You Can Dance cast.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

wonderful1
#26Les Mis 25th Anniversary Tour?
Posted: 10/31/11 at 3:36pm

Saw this production on Saturday (10/29) and was VERY impressed. The story is clearer and loved the backgrounds. I agree that I had no idea why they had to move him from the chain gang to a ship - but, whatever - doesn't last long. Andrew Varela is a dynamic and powerful Javert and a very good match-up to J. Mark McVey's Valean. J. Mark McVey was fantastic! -

Videos