News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

new movie musicals

coalhouse Profile Photo
coalhouse
#25re: new movie musicals
Posted: 2/7/05 at 10:26am

Avenue Q!! of course they could pull it off!! A movie audience would get used to it, just the same as a theatre one!

it could be a cult hit, and have such a huge following! Updated On: 2/7/05 at 10:26 AM

dancindramadude Profile Photo
dancindramadude
#26re: new movie musicals
Posted: 2/7/05 at 1:59pm

I absolutly love Avenue Q, it is my favorite show, but movie audieces are totally different than theatre audiences. It could work as a TV show because we have so many before it (Sesame Street, Bear in the Big Blue House, Crank Yankers) but turning it into a movie would be hard to watch, not only the puppets but you will loss a lot of the theatrical devices in the show (s will be lost in many other shows like RENT)

timote316
#27re: new movie musicals
Posted: 2/7/05 at 2:09pm

I actually think Hugh in Jekyll and Hyde could work... He did sign that deal with Disney.

Although, J&H is too dark, Disney would ruin it. On the other hand, one of Disney's branches (a la Touchstone) could make the movie, didn't they do some Tim Burton stuff?

If they made an Avenue Q movie, it'd be Sesame Street like, which would ruin the charm, I think.

chess12 Profile Photo
chess12
#28re: new movie musicals
Posted: 2/7/05 at 4:20pm

THE SECRET GARDEN
DREAMGIRLS
SUNSET BOULEVARD
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (Yes, I know it's already a movie, but I'm talking about a live-action feature)

BettsyQ Profile Photo
BettsyQ
#29re: new movie musicals
Posted: 2/7/05 at 5:08pm

Urinetown?! Really? How do you know that? That actually upsets me a great amount. I feel like Urinetown was meant for the stage, it has so much audience involvment, I don't feel like it should be turned into some commercial movie blockbuster, but let it thrive in college and high school productions (if the rights ever come out. . ).

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#30re: new movie musicals
Posted: 2/7/05 at 5:10pm

Well besides being excited for rent, i would love to see Sweeny Todd, Urinetown, Avenue Q and Caroline of Change. Caroline would make an amazing Drama if done right.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#31re: new movie musicals
Posted: 2/7/05 at 8:49pm

i'd like to see a really really brilliant version of SHOWBOAT come to the screen. the 1930's version came close, but the MGM remake was blah. i'd be in heaven!

RIP glebby <3

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#32re: new movie musicals
Posted: 2/7/05 at 8:53pm

Urinetown

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

#33re: new movie musicals
Posted: 2/7/05 at 8:56pm

Urinetown as an animated film, possibly directed by the folks that bring you South Park (but with better animation)--how fun would that be?

Kiss of the Spiderwoman - With Vanessa Williams (or Bebe Neuwirth) as the Spiderwoman

Sunset Boulevard - with Glenn Close, of course.

I also think Ragtime and Les Mis would make great epic films.

Videos