Hair CD Has Arrived!!!

JoeGillis
#50re: Hair CD Has Arrived!!!
Posted: 5/6/05 at 1:49pm

I've had my copy since Saturday - but only got to open it on Tuesday - as I had a hectic weekend. After listening to it for 3 days I'm still not sure what I think. Lilas' rendition of Aquarias -is ok it didn't do much for me. Anna Gasteyer - fantastic!! Shoshana fab - Gavin amazing. I loved Black Boys and that's about it - it's seemed rater generic if you ask me. A live version would have been more colorful.

Thespinoy Profile Photo
Thespinoy
#51re: Hair CD Has Arrived!!!
Posted: 5/7/05 at 4:43am

Hey guys! This disc is AAAAMAZING!!! Wow!!! Personally, I can't stop listening to it. And, well, honestly, I'm biased...I'll leave it at that. But the best part about this recording is that it's a benefit CD benefitting the Actor's Fund of America.

I think the positives out weigh the negatives here. If you're on the fence about buying it, look at it this way: for every CD sold, a portion of the proceeds go to the Actor's Fund of America, an organization that helps anyone who's ever been in the entertainment industry who do not have the means for health care or other necessities of life. Let's face it, not every talented performer in the industry is a superstar and set-for-life and there are those who have been successful at one time but found themselves unexpectedly in not so favorable circumstances. Actor's Fund has been there to help them. It's for entertainment pros both in the spotlight and behind the scenes. From people living with AIDS who don't know how they are going to afford their medications and rent to industry pros faced with breast cancer to performers reaching retirement age...the Actor's Fund helps them all.

So when you buy the "Hair" CD you're not only getting a kick-ass recording that I know you'll play over and over, but you're also giving back to those many generations of people that have brought you joy from across the footlights, over the airwaves, or from a darkened movie theatre.

Mmm, Mmm, I feel sorry for the poor folk that got to pay to see this play. - The Maid from "Bullets Over Broadway."

Videos