Reba's wonderful!

BSoBW2
#50re: Reba's wonderful!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 4:20pm

Well, Reba DOES sing her own theme song for her show...

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#51re: Reba's wonderful!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 8:56pm

I am going to have to watch the concert again tonight following along with my copy of the script to see what they cut.

"My Girl Back Home" was cut from the original production in try-out though it was put back into the movie version.

"Carefully Taught" has always been short song, it makes it point quickly then carries on with the action. Check out the full version on the OCR.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

PitPro2004 Profile Photo
PitPro2004
#52re: Reba's wonderful!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 10:17pm

Can someone tell me if Alec Baldwin's screw up was deliberate or real? Reba asks him how he gets the pleats in her shorts so straight or something and he can't find the line, so he goes skimming thru pages in his book and the audience starts laughing and applauding. It happened right about that moment. Reba looks at him and says "Well, didja?" or something like that, can't exactly remember, but I thought it was funny, though it seemed a bit pre-planned.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium!"

shesamarshmallow
#53re: Reba's wonderful!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 10:23pm

I did miss My Girl Back Home. It's such a cute song.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#54re: Reba's wonderful!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 11:24pm

Okay, I just got around to watching this and it's a dream. It's exactly what a concert version of a musical should be. Reba and Stokes were absolutely superb. Alec Baldwin was a delight. Lillias White extremely exciting. Bravo Walter Bobbie. Bravo Mary Rodgers for picking these singers. Bravo Paul Gemignani. Bravo everyone.

I never thought I would ever say this, but I would be completely happy with a Broadway revival featuring this rather unconventional yet strangely perfect cast.

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#55re: Reba's wonderful!
Posted: 4/27/06 at 11:32pm

Yeah, Michael!

Bring Stokes in!

Videos