pixeltracker

And the 1st Licensed Production of High School Musical Goes To....- Page 4

And the 1st Licensed Production of High School Musical Goes To....

bwaybaby891
#75re: And the 1st Licensed Production of High School Musical Goes To....
Posted: 8/22/06 at 3:46pm

I am so glad that my director at school hates all pop and is really into classical theatre. I've heard rumors with us about South Pacific but I know that my teacher really wants to do Into the Woods. Love Sondheim. I am weeping for all of you out there that have to put up with that schlok. High School Musical should die. This one girl in the show I did this summer said it was her favorite musical ever and I told her that 1. it is not nor will it ever be able to be classed as a musical and 2. she should go to the doctor because I think she has something wrong with her hearing.

P.S. About the Wicked thing, when I was little my mom played the classic musicals and anything with Mary Martin and Ethel Merman all the time. I listened to those constantly but then as I got older it wasn't cool so I stopped with the musical thing (I was so stupid). Wicked brought me back. Not because of the pop (the first song I heard was "No One Mourns the Wicked") but beacuse of Kristin Chenoweth's range and the gorgeous quality of her voice. Now I am back to where I was and can even take down many of the local heads of theatre companies with my knowledge. So that is what I wanted to say. We are not all teeny-boppers without brains.

"He who falls in love with himself will have no rivals" -Benjamin Franklin

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#76re: And the 1st Licensed Production of High School Musical Goes To....
Posted: 8/22/06 at 5:31pm

One of the local theatre's is doing it. I am trying out, not because I love the show, but I think it would be so fun to be Troy or Ryan.

While on the subject, what song do you think I should from the show for my audition?

I was thinking "What I've Been Looking For (reprise)".

What do you think?

helloagain
#77re: And the 1st Licensed Production of High School Musical Goes To....
Posted: 8/24/06 at 9:53pm

The thing is the production at stage door was just bad and talk about a bad preformance the girl that played Ms. Darbus was just bad and needs to get over it Les Miz was just better all around!

theatreholic
#78re: And the 1st Licensed Production of High School Musical Goes To....
Posted: 12/9/06 at 9:43pm

Sorry I'm bringing up all these old boards, but I looked at one user's posts so now I feel these weird needs to reply.

I thought Jenny was very very good as Ms. Darbus.

However...Les Miz did beat the socks WAY off of HSM.
Especially the YC, Katherine.

!!!

Videos