pixeltracker

Schwartz - What doesn't work?- Page 4

Schwartz - What doesn't work?

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#75re: Schwartz - What doesn't work?
Posted: 5/21/08 at 4:48pm

I can't wait to hear his work on "...afternoon"

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#76re: Schwartz - What doesn't work?
Posted: 5/22/08 at 4:09pm

But honestly compared to his work there are some horrific clunker lyricists....

I think we dont bash as much cause they are not as well known/famous.

and I was incorrect about the show Nightingale.. that was Charles Strouse

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#77re: Schwartz - What doesn't work?
Posted: 5/22/08 at 5:43pm

By the way - to respond to something someone said earlier...

Of course Schwartz is successful. The reason I asked the question is because he's so successful, but Critics still seem to hate him. Oubviously he has a high level of proficiency or his shows wouldn't have been on b'way at all.

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

Videos