News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Adam Pascal in "Rent"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#125re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/7/05 at 7:44pm

I skimmed it - basically just read the part about her Playwrighting credits and the first paragraph. I'm just lazy.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

LuvBroadwayHugs
#126re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/7/05 at 7:45pm

*clears throat* Yeah...I skimmed until they spoke about "leading man Adam Pascal'

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

LuvBroadwayHugs
#127re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/7/05 at 7:45pm

Ahh. Double post. Grr. I was watching School Of Rock this morning and did anyone else notice that's Adam's hair in the begining is sort of long and creepy and by the end it's short and nice?

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥
Updated On: 8/7/05 at 07:45 PM

Atrias Profile Photo
Atrias
#128re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/7/05 at 7:54pm

I did notice that. He has a weird eightie's look going on in the first part, doesn't he?

LuvBroadwayHugs
#129re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/7/05 at 7:55pm

Yeah..it's sort of..mullet-esque.

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

luvtheEmcee
#130re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/7/05 at 7:55pm

The band is trying to "make it." So, they got cleaned up for the competition.

Atrias Profile Photo
Atrias
#131re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/7/05 at 8:01pm

But they obscured his gorgeous face in one of his only scenes!Grrr...

LuvBroadwayHugs
#132re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/7/05 at 8:02pm

Emcee, thank you! I can understand that! I suppose I realized this but I had to make use of my double post there re: Adam Pascal  in 'Rent'.

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

i love adam p Profile Photo
i love adam p
#133re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/7/05 at 8:13pm

sorry to go off topic here- but going back to how this thread started out saying adam looked "too thin" and unrecognizable... i dont think he looked at all unhealthy. i mean when i first saw him walk by me on august 4th, the first few thoughts to cross my mind were not anything having to do with him looking unhealthy. i think he looked more movie star-esque with his short hair and glasses. he seemed to be a little overwhelmed by all the press and stuff at first, but not at all too skinny or unhealthy

"honestly, the day i got Rent was one of my best memories. i remeber jumping down the street and laughing and smiling. really felt on top of the world. yeah, way beter than my divorce." -cary shields

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#134re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/7/05 at 11:44pm

I love Adam P, I completely agree with you. That man is ready for the masses.

I watch School of Rock only for Adam. And Spazzy Magee reminds me of my best friends. In the last scene ... open shirt, soo hottt!!! And then the scary guy with the pleather shirty thing is all dancing and TAKING ATTENTION AWAY FROM THE ADAM! But ... Adam looooove. Okay, time for Will and Grace and the episode with Kevin Bacon. Fun fun stuff.

But Adam looks phenomenal.

leon1489 Profile Photo
leon1489
#135re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/7/05 at 11:47pm

Um, I didn't read the 5 pages in between the beginning and the end of the thread, so I'm assuming at some point the purpose of this thread changed.

But yes, there was something slightly wrong about Adam. I don't know if it's just the fact that he's aged. But he wasn't photographing well... he seriously looked emaciated in one of the pictures I saw... and when you compare it to how he used to look.....

MAJOR EDIT: I think I win the biggest theatre gaffe of the hour. I thought I read Anthony Rapp. Pascal looks healthy. Anthony Rapp looks very sickly.
Updated On: 8/7/05 at 11:47 PM

luvtheEmcee
#136re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/7/05 at 11:52pm

I was going to say; Adam photographed beautifully.

Updated On: 8/7/05 at 11:52 PM

leon1489 Profile Photo
leon1489
#137re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/7/05 at 11:57pm

Haha... No, I was definitely being a retard when I read this thread.

luvtheEmcee
#138re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/8/05 at 12:07am

I thought Anthony looked fine - same as he always looks.

RaininSmilies
#139re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/8/05 at 2:02am

This thread depresses me. It made me realize that Adam is indeed old enough to be my father. He's still really hot, and I'm just going to try not to think about that father thing.

iwearshoes Profile Photo
iwearshoes
#140re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/8/05 at 2:15am

Age is just a number my friends...just a number....

**runs and cries while watching wyo **

luvtheEmcee
#141re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/8/05 at 8:12am

He's also very unavailable, so what does it matter? Enjoy what he does, and leave it at that rather than actually being upset about the age difference.

(And DAMN, you guys make me feel old. Adam's quite a lot older than me, but not old enough to logically be my father.)

RaininSmilies
#142re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/8/05 at 11:24am

Good point. It's just weird to drool over him, and then the next minute realize that he could be my father. Not that I'm going to let that stop me though.

luvtheEmcee
#143re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/8/05 at 11:27am

Whatever. I mean, he's just a regular guy (I love that I say this, but that I get too nervous to hold a normal conversation with him). I've gotten past thinking that he has a family is weird, I guess.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#144re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/8/05 at 12:25pm

The great thing about fantasy is that reality doesn't matter.

oxdreaminxo Profile Photo
oxdreaminxo
#145re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/8/05 at 2:17pm

Wow, everyone who's posted pics has great ones! Oy, I wish I could have been in Bryant Park. I can't wait til I can drive! Watching the Today Show and seeing/hearing everything is just like..."Can't summer be over so we can see the movie already? haha. ;D And to agree with everyone here, Adam is hot. Very hot. He's also old enough to be my father, like some of you guys here. I agree w. iwearshoes. Age is just a number. =)

A most ingenious paradox.

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#146re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/8/05 at 2:21pm

He looks great. I agree with you all, i can't beileve i missed it. I've only seen pitures...

LuvBroadwayHugs
#147re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/8/05 at 2:22pm

Emcee, logically he couldn't be my father either but hey. And we totally took over this thread. It was sort of a downer at the begining re: Adam Pascal  in 'Rent'

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

luvtheEmcee
#148re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/8/05 at 2:27pm

psh, whatever. Not really a downer, because he looks GREAT.

But when people say "age is just a number" I feel like the context should be one of reality - like, when you're talking about a real relationship with an age difference, and why that's not such taboo, you know? *shrug* I don't know. For some reason using that in terms of actor whom you're lusting after rubs me the wrong way. In my head when I read this, I'm sort of like "none of us are dating him, going to bed with him, whatever, so why do we care what the age difference is?" The statement has such an odd personal connotation like we think something did actually have a chance of occuring. Maybe I'm just getting really protective or something about what's said on a place so public as a board like this... gearing up for the explosion of attention he's going to get. I guess the way I look at my personal "fandom" is just... changing.

Updated On: 8/8/05 at 02:27 PM

oxdreaminxo Profile Photo
oxdreaminxo
#149re: Adam Pascal in 'Rent'
Posted: 8/8/05 at 2:39pm

In regards to what you said Emcee, the 'age is just a number thing' is true w. a 'celebrity', if you want to call him that. Yeah, none of us are dating him, but tis fun to just kind of goof off. Sorry if that sounded 'defensive', lol.

A most ingenious paradox.

Videos