pixeltracker

Raul Esparza records King's UNDER THE DOME... on 30 CDs!- Page 2

Raul Esparza records King's UNDER THE DOME... on 30 CDs!

Chrysanthemum62001
#25re: Raul Esparza records King's UNDER THE DONE... on 30 CDs!
Posted: 9/1/09 at 10:23pm

I HIGHLY suggest giving The House of the Scorpian a listen.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

wonkit
#26re: Raul Esparza records King's UNDER THE DONE... on 30 CDs!
Posted: 9/2/09 at 4:53pm

I agree. THE HOUSE OF THE SCORPION gives Esparza many opportunities to play various genders, ages and nationalities and he does it all with panache. And a tiny bit of singing, too.

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#27re: Raul Esparza records King's UNDER THE DONE... on 30 CDs!
Posted: 9/2/09 at 7:28pm

re: The Dark Tower series:

Perhaps if 5, 6, and 7 had lived up to the promise of the first 4, it'd certainly be a latterday Lord of the Rings (epic multivolume fantasy loved and derided seemingly in equal measure, not just "let's compare it to LOTR 'cos LOL"), but if we're strictly honest, he did go a little bit mental as far as the series is concerned. Perhaps if he'd had the necessary momentum to carry on after number 4, perhaps if he'd never been in the accident, perhaps if the accident had been worse and it had been left unfinished (although when that happens in fantasy fiction, there's always a family member willing to carry on, which isn't necessarily the best thing; although I rather suspect Joe would've done a fantastic job if he'd had to step up to the plate). Who knows? But there's a definite divide, and the latter installments just don't quite live up to the first 4. It'll live on as long as the rest of the back catalogue does, but who knows if anyone will still care in 200+ years time?

Agree completely. That's more or less the way I feel about the series...so much initial promise ultimately unfulfilled. The first three books are brilliant, but King, as you said, went kind of mental after that.