News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Venus Flytrap sock puppetry

Bruised Muse Profile Photo
Bruised Muse
#1Venus Flytrap sock puppetry
Posted: 11/10/10 at 11:13am

I'm posting another response to the previous Venus Flytrap thread under a different subject line so as to not promote the blatant shilling the original title engenders.

I think most of the negative response to the original posting results from the readers of this board's reaction to such ham-fisted shilling. If you are going to shill, then at least do it well. It was so obvious to anyone reading it, that it insulted our collective intelligence. Promote your show with pride, just don't do it so clumsily and deviously.

As far as peoples' honest reaction to the original post being perceived by the sock puppets "BehindTheCurtains, Andrew3 and TheatreDiva90016" as a slap to the theatrical community in that we should all support each other, etc., everyone comes to this town with a dream. We all work hard at that dream: actors, playwrights, directors, designers, etc. No one wants to see an artist's work fail. But if you play the game, at least do it on an even playing field, without resorting to shilling to get your voice heard. Let your work speak for itself.

The perception that by being offended by the blatant sock puppetry within the original post means you don't support the arts and artists adds insult to injury.

As far as the identity of the BehindTheCurtains et al, I don't think it is Xanthe. I don't think it is Marcia Milgram, who is a class act who didn't need to shill for her brilliant revival of Ragtime. She let her work speak for itself, and it did profoundly. I think BehindTheCurtains is the Behindtheskirt author.

And finally, posting the misleading subject line in all capital letters with a parade of exclamation points reeked of desperation.

Bruised Muse Profile Photo
Bruised Muse
#2Venus Flytrap sock puppetry
Posted: 11/10/10 at 11:23am

Sorry, meant to name one of the sock puppets as Spotlight2 not TheatreDiva90016.

Videos