Broadway Halloween Costumes

TheatreKid3
#1Broadway Halloween Costumes
Posted: 10/23/12 at 3:25pm

It's that time of year again, folks!

Just wanted to hear some idea that people might have about Broadway-themed Halloween costumes?

I have a really good Elder Price costume, but am probably not going to wear it because most people won't recognize it is a character and assume I'm mocking the Mormon religion or something. Go figure.

Anyway, any other ideas? The boys from NEWSIES did a whole video about making Newsie costumes, which sounds neat.

Dollypop
#2Broadway Halloween Costumes
Posted: 10/23/12 at 3:29pm

I have several costumes modeled after the original Freddy Wittop designs for HELLO, DOLLY! This year I think I'll be wearing Dolly's "Parade" costume.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#2Broadway Halloween Costumes
Posted: 10/23/12 at 5:55pm

Broadway Halloween Costumes

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#3Broadway Halloween Costumes
Posted: 10/23/12 at 6:06pm

I’m just going to wear nothing but acryllic nails and cat ears. It’s my halloween costume/John Doyle CATS revival audition getup.

PTOPhan Profile Photo
PTOPhan
#4Broadway Halloween Costumes
Posted: 10/23/12 at 8:56pm

The Phantom is perfect, at least for a man.

You alone can make my song take flight.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#5Broadway Halloween Costumes
Posted: 10/23/12 at 9:14pm

http://thecraptacular.com/2012/10/7-broadway-halloween-costumes-that-no-one-will-understand/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Wildcard
#6Broadway Halloween Costumes
Posted: 10/24/12 at 12:47am

I walked around the NY Halloween parade dressed as Rum Tum Tugger and people were shouting, "It's the Lion King!"

westcoast_wannabe Profile Photo
westcoast_wannabe
#7Broadway Halloween Costumes
Posted: 10/24/12 at 5:09am

Last year a guy walked into the store I work at as Sweeney Todd from the movie and one of my coworkers said "look its Edward Scissorhands."

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#8Broadway Halloween Costumes
Posted: 10/24/12 at 8:24am

Since we don't really have Halloween in Australia, I thought the whole thing about dressing up was, to dress as something scary so the evil spirits passed over you?

Or I could be just talking out of my butt, I really don't know!

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#9Broadway Halloween Costumes
Posted: 10/24/12 at 8:31am

Great link, Lizzie Broadway Halloween Costumes

I have been as Eponine, Elphaba and Christine recently, but I have seen some VERY eleborate and exciting CATS replica costumes and of course Phantom for the men and Sweeney Todd as well.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Videos