Act One Previews

SFFrontRow
#75Act One Previews
Posted: 6/3/14 at 6:27pm

Funny - I would not have cut anything.

And, I thought the party scene was fun and highlighted the amount of literati the Kaufmanns knew. It also identified it was Mrs Kaufmann who saw Hart's potential and arranged the party for him to get exposed to their rarified air life.

It added weight to the scene where Mrs Kaufmann admits that Hart and her husband had maxed out "Once in a Lifetime's" potential and she was "cutting bait" so to speak after the Atlantic City run to go to Europe.

I have seen all the Play nominees except Mothers and Sons (IF ONLY I HAD ONE MORE DAY IN NYC), and I think Act One is a better entertainment than All the Way. I liked All the Way, but got a little lost in all the players and the historical timelines. The length of All the Way got me more than that of Act One.

(I just dont see All the Way as the shoe-in winner that all else seem to think)

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#76Act One Previews
Posted: 6/3/14 at 6:42pm

Has anybody rushed Act One? I see they do have a student rush policy, but the Broadway Rush Report doesn't list this show. If anyone has gone, are they hard tickets to get? I'd like to see it tomorrow but the uncertainty about getting tickets may make me choose a different show (maybe fellow Best Play nominee All The Way). Thanks in advance everyone!