Theater and the Grammys

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#25Theater and the Grammys
Posted: 7/28/15 at 3:22pm

I think I stopped taking this award seriously after they gave an album with lyrics such as "Everybody Say Yeah" and "Now We Go Off Like Dynamite" the award over completely genius innovative lyrics such as "It is 2-L-8-4-U. WE-R-E-volting" and "So you think you're A-ble, To survive this mess by B-ing a prince or a princess, you will soon C, here's no escaping trage-D." just because of the name behind the album

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

mattporter17 Profile Photo
mattporter17
#26Theater and the Grammys
Posted: 7/28/15 at 3:23pm

Similar to Beautiful, I think Lauper might've had some pull for getting Kinky Boots that one.

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#27Theater and the Grammys
Posted: 7/28/15 at 3:26pm

"Similar to Beautiful, I think Lauper might've had some pull for getting Kinky Boots that one."

Oh without a doubt. But the saddest thing is Tim Minchin wrote Matilda's music and lyrics all by himself at a piano while Lauper admitted in an interview that it took a "village" to create Kinky's score. *sips tea*

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

mattporter17 Profile Photo
mattporter17
#28Theater and the Grammys
Posted: 7/28/15 at 3:28pm

I'm actually finally getting to see the national tour of Matilda in San Francisco next week so I'm looking forward to seeing what all the buzz around the show is, cause I know very little about it!