pixeltracker

Paul Salsini, founder/editor of The Sondheim Review, passes away at 88

Paul Salsini, founder/editor of The Sondheim Review, passes away at 88

Wayman_Wong
#1Paul Salsini, founder/editor of The Sondheim Review, passes away at 88
Posted: 6/9/24 at 12:51pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Paul Salsini, who worked 37 years at the Milwaukee Journal, has passed away. In 1994, he founded The Sondheim Review, a magazine exclusively devoted to Sondheim's works. He was so dedicated and edited it for the first decade. And I did a number of interviews for Paul, including Donna Murphy, Mako and John Barrowman, and he was always so gracious and easy to deal with. I was so happy that Paul got to publish his ''Sondheim & Me: Revealing a Musical Genius,'' his book that includes his insights and notes dealing with Sondheim, who would read each issue and offer his critiques (and corrections). In that same year that ''Sondheim & Me'' came out, 2022, Paul also discovered a rare recording of ''Finney's Rainbow,'' a musical that Sondheim wrote when he was 18. I miss Paul and The Sondheim Review. Here's to him. Who's like him? Damn few!

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2024/06/08/paul-salsini-was-a-milwaukee-journalist-founder-of-the-sondheim-review/74030156007/

dwirth
#2Paul Salsini, founder/editor of The Sondheim Review, passes away at 88
Posted: 6/9/24 at 9:49pm

So sorry to hear. As a then-Milwaukeean, and Sondheim fanatic - I worked on the first issue - and first several years of The Sondheim Review (as associate editor) - with Paul. I miss those days and that publication. 

Videos