the velveteen rabbit

i_guess_this_is_goodbye Profile Photo
i_guess_this_is_goodbye
#0the velveteen rabbit
Posted: 9/7/04 at 5:37pm

My acting school is auditioning for the Velveteen Rabbit and I know nothing about the show or the characters. If anyone has ever been in a production of the show or knows anything about the characters it would really be helpful! thanks

timote316
#1re: the velveteen rabbit
Posted: 9/7/04 at 5:42pm

MTI doesn't have much info on the show, but here is the page anyway: http://mtishows.com/show_home.asp?ID=000125

It lists the characters at least lol

touchmeinthemorning
#2re: the velveteen rabbit
Posted: 9/7/04 at 5:44pm

It's based on the book of the same name. It's a short read, so I'd say check the book out of the library and read it. It is brilliant stuff.

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown

Pip Profile Photo
Pip
#3re: the velveteen rabbit
Posted: 9/7/04 at 7:09pm

What? Your mother never read you the Velveteen Rabbit??? Impossible!! What would the Skin Horse say!

i_guess_this_is_goodbye Profile Photo
i_guess_this_is_goodbye
#4re: the velveteen rabbit
Posted: 9/7/04 at 7:16pm

I was read the story as a little kid and i remember most of it i was looking to see if anyone had ant experiences with the show itself

Jon
#5re: the velveteen rabbit
Posted: 9/7/04 at 8:06pm

There are several stage versions. The one licensed by MTI is from Theatreworks. It's a modenrized version with light rock music - the poor Velveteen rabbit has to compete for the boy's afftection with a shiny, battery operated toy boat. In fact, the plot of the movie "Toy Story" always seemed lifted from this version of Velveteen Rabbit. Woody is like the Velveteen Rabit and Buzz Lightyear is like the boat.

Videos