pixeltracker

My little women review...- Page 2

My little women review...

MusicalDirector109
#25re: My little women review...
Posted: 1/17/05 at 9:42am

I saw the show on Saturday night. It reminded me of both Rodgers "I Remember Mama" and, on the music side, A VERY WEAK "Secret Garden". I thought some numbers were outstanding ("Days of Plenty") and the duet between Beth and Jo. I really loved Sutton Foster and Maureen McGovern. I believe the show will have a long run after New York. I liked the show, but I think some reworking is needed. Some of the music is very unmemorable.

choreomuse Profile Photo
choreomuse
#26re: My little women review...
Posted: 1/25/05 at 12:45pm

Little Women on Broadway...hmmm...so if I didn't cry or get moved at all...isn't there something amiss? But then how can one cry over a character's death when one doesn't even know her?
AND
How can a 25 year old play a 12 year old who thinks she's a 25 year old without it being incredibly annoying?
AND
How can the song that ends act 1 as sung by a terrific singer-actress not truly capitailize on her abilities or (more importantly) fittingly cap the act and lead us into act 2?

Noble effort. Sadly, a dry-eyed, ultimately forgettable realization of a time-honored story.

Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion. --Martha Graham