Little Women tour cast?

ashley0139
#0Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/10/05 at 11:02pm

Does anyone know if they have announced the cast yet? Or who they are? I am anxious to know because I would love to see Maureen but I want to know the rest of the cast as well.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

FosseBoi
#1re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/10/05 at 11:07pm

I dont think its been announced yet. Im SURE there are rumors though... I would also like to know!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#2re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/10/05 at 11:13pm

I think Sutton pretty much said that she will NOT be going out on tour.

ashley0139
#3re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/10/05 at 11:17pm

Actually, MEF, I knew that. As unfortunate as that is. I would love her to. I'm just interested to hear who WILL be doing it. When should they announce?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#4re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/10/05 at 11:19pm

Soon, i would assume, since the tour starts in two months. I would expect maybe a few of the OBC to return (hopefully not Amy McAlexander, though).

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#5re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 1:05am

If Sutton were smart she'd do the tour. At least part of it. It's a great showcase for her talent, and it would only build her fan base and reputation. Most of the Broadway greats realized the power of touring -- Merman, Martin, Harris all solidified their reps by going on the road in their most famous roles.

FosseBoi
#6re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 1:10am

I TOTALLY agree with you Michael! I wish more Bway stars would do that! For 2 reasons:1. bring back a thing for the classic Bway and 2. a lot of their fans only get to hear them on the OBC and dont get to see them before they leave the show.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

Jimmyojimmy Profile Photo
Jimmyojimmy
#7re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 1:15am

I wish she would too, the whole country (or at least theater goers) would get to hear and see her in person, and she should expand her horizon, but I dont think she wants to leave Christian, since he'll be in NY until hes done in Spamalot, which i guess should be a long while. I know Maureen McGovern is definately doing the tour, however.

RentBoy86
#8re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 1:25am

Yeah, but to the random people who aren't like "theater heads" Sutton Foster wouldn't really matter to them, no offense. I mean, I don't think many people are going to come out of the theater and be like "i have to know what else she's done..." and then run off to the computer. Maybe some, but I doubt the majority of people going to see the show on tour really care.

Jimmyojimmy Profile Photo
Jimmyojimmy
#9re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 1:31am

Yeah I definately know what you mean. I was one of those theater heads too and as soon as I saw Millie I ran to the computer haha. It does seen like a little too much effort for too little in return for her. I think shes probably going to stay in NY. She will probably be doing readings and be back with her name above the marquee in no time.

massofmen
#10re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 7:59am

i hear they still haven't found a jo yet. The rest of the tour is cast I hear, except for that one small role of Jo March. (being sarcastic of course)

deck925 Profile Photo
deck925
#11re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 4:42pm

what bout Sutton's standby in the show? I dunno though i think they're gonna have a hard time filling Sutton's shoes as Jo. Sutton was fantastic. I wish the show hadn't closed re: Little Women tour cast?

I'm kind of a sweat pant, t-shirt, no make-up type of girl. So once a year, I can get spiffy. Sutton Foster :)

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#12re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 4:46pm

Again, I just don't see the appeal of La Foster...maybe she had a really, really, really, really off night...

-Vincent

Hairspraydoll Profile Photo
Hairspraydoll
#13re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 4:48pm

I know the show is cast. A really good friend of mine is Meg.

Be the change you want in the world....

#14re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 4:50pm

Well they are sending this show out in a modified equity contract ~ so it is doubtful that most of the original cast will be willing to go out and get paid the modified rate.

deck925 Profile Photo
deck925
#15re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 5:36pm

really ordinaryjukebox? I thought Sutton was amazing when we saw the show i was so excited we got to see her!

I'm kind of a sweat pant, t-shirt, no make-up type of girl. So once a year, I can get spiffy. Sutton Foster :)

gavrochegirl
#16re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 5:44pm

Well, I think we all know Maureen McGovern is coming on the tour...

What the puck?!

SuddenlyTrey Profile Photo
SuddenlyTrey
#17re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 5:54pm

Michael... You're brillant!

"Jaime's convienced that the problems are mine. Jaime is probably doing just fine. And I'm still hurting."

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#18re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 6:07pm

Yeah, I've mentioned it before on this board how there seems to be a lot of hype for Sutton Foster, and I hadn't seen "TMM" so I was excited to see her in "litte women" before it closed...it just wasn't it for me...again, maybe it was the show, maybe she had an off night, but from what i saw, it didn't do it for me by any stretch...it's all good, though re: Little Women tour cast?

-vincent

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#19re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 10:02pm

Well in Chicago I overheard many conversations of "No one cares who is in the show" at Wicked. When I was actually there for a second time to see Jenna. And when trying to figure out who was going on that day NO ONE could tell me. they said "They NEVER announce who is going on, NO ONE knows that!".
It's very different from NY where you know if the U/S is going on from down the block! lol

So I'm not sure if it matters if Sutton goes on tour, no one will know who she is except for major bway fans! :)

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#20re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 10:15pm

Hairspraydoll - they may not have FINSIHED casting yet. Or at least may not have had contracts signed to annouce yet. I also know someone who was scheduled to fill in for one of the sisters (I cant remember which) while she was on a 2 week vacation in the Broadway company and a few weeks later got the call that they were closing and never got there. re: Little Women tour cast? it's sad - would have been her Broadway debut!

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#21re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/11/05 at 10:44pm

"And when trying to figure out who was going on that day NO ONE could tell me. they said 'They NEVER announce who is going on, NO ONE knows that!'."

At Wicked, they have an understudy board with the names of people who are going on for that performance. There were also little slips of paper in the playbills when I went today.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

HopefulKate Profile Photo
HopefulKate
#22re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/12/05 at 12:51am

Michael Minarik is cast as John Brooke

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#23re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/12/05 at 12:58am

Who's that?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#24re: Little Women tour cast?
Posted: 6/12/05 at 1:00am

Mitchel David Federan is cast as Laurie.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Videos