pixeltracker

THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, the musical- Page 3

THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, the musical

broadwayboy101
#50re: THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, the musical
Posted: 6/29/08 at 12:24am

I'm not sure if I like this concept or not...it's got the whole "puppet in front" thing going on

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qxzGLkkyFk8

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#51re: THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, the musical
Posted: 6/29/08 at 3:06am

Some puppets might work but I would really rather see a slender person play Jack and Sally. I have seen black costumes with glow-in-dark designs work just great. Fabric has come such a long way as well as stage lighting. Having a puppet in front of an Actor playing Jack would rob us of all his great stunts.

It's made for a modern day Tommy Tune! I would rather only supporting background characters playing as puppets. The characters are too lifelike to me to be played too rigidly. Musical with dancing please? Like the Movie.

I mentioned overseen by it's creative visionaries. I have the Special Edition DVD so I know all of the background work done on this Movie. Burton actually designed the characters growing up. I prefer things that personal to have at least some interfacing with their creators. Not always but most of the time it looks better and loses less of it's original greatness.

I like that it's spooky without being truly scary and something everyone can enjoy. With The Addam's Family finally coming out it sounds like we might have a fun Autumn season to look forward to?

wrmsnicket
#52re: THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, the musical
Posted: 2/6/09 at 7:10pm

I think Nightmare chould be a great musical! But as for the advertising problem Nightmare has much to much of a following to let it drop after the holiday seasons over. But just in case, I wouldn't mention the holiday in the main advert,I would say, "COME SEE TIM BURTON'S 'NIGHTMARE'" or something similar... Everyone who loves it will immediatly know what youer talking about and thats who you mainly want to please right? the fans.

Necromancer07707 Profile Photo
Necromancer07707
#53re: THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, the musical
Posted: 2/8/09 at 2:26am

I think the key to this becoming a good musical would be fantastic choreography with the feeling of a freak show.

"I am ready to disclaim my opinion, even of yesterday, even of 10 minutes ago, because all opinions are relative. One lives in a field of influences, one is influenced by everyone one meets, everything is an exchange of influences, all opinions are derivative. Once you deal a new deck of cards, you've got a new deck of cards." — Peter Brook

wafflehouse2005 Profile Photo
wafflehouse2005
#54re: THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, the musical
Posted: 7/5/11 at 11:52am

Any news of this creeping up anywhere?

Wickedly
#55re: THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, the musical
Posted: 8/21/11 at 2:45pm

Oh, I wish this had a stage production. Nightmare would be a much better production for my high school than Oklahoma. Not to bash on Oklahoma, it might be great, I've never seen it, but the name of the musical itself it a major turn off for high school students. No one at my school is going to want to see this thing. We're only doing it so the choir teacher can make his students try out.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me with this? I'm supposed to direct, and I'd rather be directing Nightmare.

Nettik
#56re: THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, the musical
Posted: 8/21/11 at 4:34pm

You can't get the rights for NIGHTMARE, so you cannot legally put on a production of it.

Have you talked to the choir director about alternative shows that you can get the rights for?