pixeltracker

Favorite Spelling Bee Commentary...- Page 2

Favorite Spelling Bee Commentary...

Yankeefan007
#25re: Favorite Spelling Bee Commentary...
Posted: 9/18/05 at 6:27pm

why we like spelling isnt in the show, only on the cd (and at today's bway on bway perf)

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#26re: Favorite Spelling Bee Commentary...
Posted: 9/18/05 at 6:39pm

Why is that? The song came on the CD and I started wondering if I was crazy or not since I didn't remember it in the show!

I can't stop thinking about how much I liked it -- and I saw Piazza that same afternoon.

Such a good day!

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Plum
#27re: Favorite Spelling Bee Commentary...
Posted: 9/18/05 at 7:26pm

Phew, I was wondering if they added that song on Broadway and I just wasn't remembering because I saw it Off-Broadway first. I guess they took it out because showing is better than telling in this case.

kenmarksnj Profile Photo
kenmarksnj
#28re: Favorite Spelling Bee Commentary...
Posted: 9/18/05 at 10:27pm

jasonf, i agree with you... winning that lottery and seeing that show and stuff IS one of the best broadway experiences ever and i've seen a lot of shows too... we think alike lol...

and to answer your question, today at broadway on broadway, the cast performed the number Why We Like Spelling. and before they performed it, Lisa Howard and Jay Reiss said that it's on the CD but not in the show. I guess they made another cut once the OBCR was released. oh well.

it's a nice little song but it's true that it doesn't really fit.

LOVE the show though.

-kenneth

QOM
#29re: Favorite Spelling Bee Commentary...
Posted: 9/20/05 at 11:19am

Just curious...did Lisa and Jay perform in that song? I saw some photos of the event and I didn't see them in it. Just wondering if they performed or showed up to just announce the song.

Creative Lunatic
#30re: Favorite Spelling Bee Commentary...
Posted: 9/20/05 at 1:18pm

Why We Like Spelling was in the show during the summer production at Barrington Stage Company. It was effective then when put into context. There was also a gorgeous ballad that Rhona sang to Logaine, William, and Marcy
called I Can't Remember Anything at All which was replaced by Rhona's Favorite Moment of The Bee.

Videos