Out Tonight Lyric Question...

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#1re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 2:07pm

New Year's Day. Check the lyrics in your CD. They changed the timing of many of the scenes, so this scene doesn't take place until after Christmas.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

greenegirl87
#2re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 2:09pm

Yeah it definitely changed from Christmas Day to New Years Day ( i sing the WRONG lyric everytime i listen to the soundtrack) and i think there is one other really small change in the lyrics that has something to do with time but I cannot for the life of me remember what it is right now.

"But now the air is filled with confusion. We replace care with illusion."

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#3re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 2:12pm

Yeah, it is New Year's Day. Like how they changed the part in Today 4 U to "Gentlemen, our benefactor on this Christmas Day.." instead of Christmas Eve .. little time changes.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#4re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 2:13pm

"Houlious Day" that's great!

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

greenegirl87
#5re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 2:51pm

what does Houlious mean? is that actually a holiday that i just dont know about?

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#6re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 3:02pm

Yup. It is.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#7re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 3:36pm

that Google knows nothing about?

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

munkustrap178
#8re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 3:40pm

sar·casm ( P )

n.
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

orangeskittles
#9re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 3:41pm

JerseyGirl, it's an Amish holiday. That's why it doesn't show up on Google, they don't use the internet.

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#10re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 3:42pm

sar·casm ( P )

n.
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

And almost NEVER comes across in the written form.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

munkustrap178
#11re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 3:44pm

Which is their problem, not mine.

greenegirl87
#12re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 3:54pm

actually, munk, its technically your problem because the other party is not getting the message you intend to communicate. if it really was only the other party's problem, then thered be no need for any comment at all.

orangeskittles
#13re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 4:03pm

Um, I got the sarcasm. So it can come across in written form, it just depends on the sense of humor of the reader.

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#14re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 4:06pm

That's why I said almost never. Not just never.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

munkustrap178
#15re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/6/05 at 4:07pm

Exactly, skittles. It depends upon the sense of humour of the reader. I'm very sarcastic - so I always understand sarcastic posts.

Imchristine4real Profile Photo
Imchristine4real
#16re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/7/05 at 8:40pm

What gets me is the "Whose charity is only matched by talent, I must say" to rhyme with "Christmas Day". I DON'T LIKE "MUST SAY"!!! I LIKE "I BELIEVE"!!!

And Black-out on Christine crying pitifully.

As someone told me lately: "Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"... He's there, the Phantom of the Opera!... I dreamed a dream in time gone bye... This is the moment! My final test!... PS. Couldn't choose just one :-)

Jon
#17re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/7/05 at 9:56pm

From the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be another question about The Neverson Babies.

Kringas
#18re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/7/05 at 10:00pm

I did, too.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#19re: Out Tonight Lyric Question...
Posted: 11/7/05 at 10:01pm

Tragic, those Neverson Babies. Inspiration for Blood Brothers, you know. Shame Mimi spoils the ending, then makes light of their situation by pushing her need for a social life.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Updated On: 11/7/05 at 10:01 PM