Broadway Shows on Tony Night

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#0Broadway Shows on Tony Night
Posted: 6/9/06 at 4:39am

I have a few questions about Bway shows and Tony night. First of all, I might try Student Rush on the Sunday matinee...for Drowsy Chaperone. Would Sutton perform on the day of the Tonys? Also, do the shows in general tend to sell out faster, or is it more difficult to obtain student rush, on Tony Award day? Also...can you watch the stars enter on the red carpet? If so, how early should one get there?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#1re: Broadway Shows on Tony Night
Posted: 6/9/06 at 7:21am

Drowsy doesn't have student rush. Only lottery which is held one hour before curtain. Yes Sutton will perform. It's going to be the same as any other day on Sunday. You can watch the stars enter, you should get there around 4- 4:30. But ifyour at a matinee then thats impossible.

millie_dillmount
#2re: Broadway Shows on Tony Night
Posted: 6/9/06 at 9:58am

Oops, I meant lotto for DC. Is the city really that much busier, in terms of people who attend shows?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

MOXIEINTHECITY
#3re: Broadway Shows on Tony Night
Posted: 6/9/06 at 10:28am

I was winderign about this. Do the actors take off the whoel day to primp or do they go from the matinee to the awards?
What's Wring With a Good Ol Fashioned Crush?

millie_dillmount
#4re: Broadway Shows on Tony Night
Posted: 6/9/06 at 3:45pm

Well if Sutton is going to be there, I guess they start getting ready as soon as the show is over. And maybe if it's an actor or actress who isn't in a show at the time, or doesn't need to be in a Sunday matinee...they spend the whole day primping...?

Anyways, bump to my question.

ashley0139
#5re: Broadway Shows on Tony Night
Posted: 6/9/06 at 4:21pm

Don't they also have rehearsal for the Tonys if they are performing? Is it that day?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#6re: Broadway Shows on Tony Night
Posted: 6/9/06 at 4:25pm

well I know they rehearse in radio city music hall a few days before

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#7re: Broadway Shows on Tony Night
Posted: 6/9/06 at 4:26pm

Tonys dress rehearsal is 9am on the day of the show. Then everyone goes off and does their matinee. Then they go back for the actual show.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

ashley0139
#8re: Broadway Shows on Tony Night
Posted: 6/9/06 at 6:34pm

That would be an insanely full day.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

millie_dillmount
#9re: Broadway Shows on Tony Night
Posted: 6/9/06 at 8:58pm

I want to see the Drowsy Chaperone...just got the CD today. But I have a feeling I'll lose the lotto. Everyone's saying to do the Hairspray lotto, but I already saw it four times! Is there an easy rush/easy lotto? Like, Chicago has been around for a while...how difficult is it to get student rush to that? Anything else???

mijofly19
#10re: Broadway Shows on Tony Night
Posted: 6/9/06 at 9:33pm

I'm pretty sure that Chicago has regular rush, not student rush. I don't think you'll have a problem getting a ticket. If you're going this Sunday night you could probably win Spelling Bee lotto too. On Sunday nights there are no fans to spill over from the Wicked lotto, so it makes it easier to win.

ashley0139
#11re: Broadway Shows on Tony Night
Posted: 6/9/06 at 10:35pm

^ No, but there are fans spilling over from the Sunday matinee which makes it harder. I speak from experience. re: Broadway Shows on Tony Night