Legally Blonde Pilar Question

goober1632
#1Legally Blonde Pilar Question
Posted: 12/28/07 at 8:51pm

Ok, so I saw opening night preview of LB in San Francisco and Pilar did this clicking thing with her mouth/tongue that sounded like "clock" and the audience went wild. Then when I saw the MTV performance she never did that.

Question: what was the inside joke with that clicking tongue sound and why did they cut it?

GuyWithCheese Profile Photo
GuyWithCheese
#2re: Legally Blonde Pilar Question
Posted: 12/28/07 at 9:15pm

DeQuina Moore originated the role of Pilar in San Francisco and stayed with the show until the beginning of July, then Asmeret Ghebermichael took over the role. Asmeret is the one who is on the MTV broadcast, so it was probably something that DeQuine added when she was Pilar.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#2re: Legally Blonde Pilar Question
Posted: 12/28/07 at 9:49pm

I hope this does not come off the wrong way..I know what your talking about with the mouth. I always felt that DeQuina made Pilar a little more ghetto-fab.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

Mattbrain
#3re: Legally Blonde Pilar Question
Posted: 12/28/07 at 10:50pm

I've been listening to the cast recording (I got it this month) and I would have to agree.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Joshua488
#4re: Legally Blonde Pilar Question
Posted: 12/29/07 at 12:19am

Asmeret Ghebremichael added the "click." People laugh because it is actually something that "ghetto girls" do. Trust me; I'm black.

goober1632
#5re: Legally Blonde Pilar Question
Posted: 12/29/07 at 12:26am

Thanks! I actually prefer DeQuina's Pilar as ghetto. I mean the lines elude to it. I can't really hear a Valley girl saying, "You off the hizzle, G!"

neddyfrank2
#6re: Legally Blonde Pilar Question
Posted: 12/29/07 at 12:30am

What is the click thing?

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#7re: Legally Blonde Pilar Question
Posted: 12/29/07 at 12:46am

It's like this mouth noise if it's what im thinking of. like a click with the tounge.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

bwayboi0101
#8re: Legally Blonde Pilar Question
Posted: 12/29/07 at 1:36am

What is it like when Michelle Kittrell does Pilar? I really can only picture a black girl playing that part. But I DO LOVE MICHELLE and I would KILL to see her do Brooke!

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#9re: Legally Blonde Pilar Question
Posted: 12/29/07 at 1:58am

Michelle Kittrell's Pilar is interesting. It's funny in a different way because it's like she is a white girl trying to be ghetto...

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

Videos