pixeltracker

39 Steps/August rush tickets- Page 2

39 Steps/August rush tickets

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#25re: 39 Steps/Passing Strange/August rush tickets
Posted: 8/16/08 at 10:37pm

I'm bumping this to avoid creating another thread. As far as the August rush is concerned, do you really have to get there when the box office opens, or is it safe to go later in the day?

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#26re: 39 Steps/Passing Strange/August rush tickets
Posted: 8/19/08 at 8:17pm

I'd really like to know as well if it's necessary to get to the Box Office for August when they open now to get rush?

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#27re: 39 Steps/Passing Strange/August rush tickets
Posted: 8/19/08 at 8:23pm

On Sunday when I was rushing ACL the line across the street looked pretty long at 11 am.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#28re: 39 Steps/Passing Strange/August rush tickets
Posted: 8/26/08 at 11:45am

I just got home from rushing AUGUST... for tonight's performance.

My friend and I got to The Music Box around 7:45. We were first in line, but a steady stream of people came about every ten minutes after 8. By the time the box office opened at 10, there were about 9 people in (a group of whom planned on buying 6 tickets thinking they could get 2 each.)

For those that don't know, according to the woman who ushered us into the theater when they opened, the policy is 1 ticket per ID because they only have 10 seats available for rush (which is why I'd recommend getting in line by 8:30 at the latest.)

The seats are scattered throughout the last two rows of the mezzanine. I had read everywhere previously that the tickets were $26.50, but they charged everyone $29.50 today (and didn't check IDs,) so I guess they've raised the price slightly.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#29re: 39 Steps/Passing Strange/August rush tickets
Posted: 8/26/08 at 12:27pm

It was 29.50 when I saw it a few weeks before the Tonys.