News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AEA AGMA SM

AEA AGMA SM Profile Photo
Member Name: AEA AGMA SM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Only 3 have swept all the Theatre Awards  May 2 2024, 03:05:47 PM

Wick3 said: "I agree but remember back then Actor's Equity rarely gaveforeign actors the opportunity to perform in NYC. They usually had to do an exchange or have a compelling reason to allow the foreign actor to perform on Broadway. In these cases, all 3 foreign actors were already well-established actors when they made their Broadway debut.

I remember back in late 1990swhen Hugh Jackman was in the Oklahama! revival in West End, producers wanted to bring him to Broadway but Equity denied the request. Production eventually did go to NYC and starred Patrick Wilson.
"

Keep in mind that with Oklahoma Trevor Nunn didn’t want to just bring over Hugh Jackman, or even just the leads. He wanted to bring the entire company over claiming he wouldn’t have enough time to cast and rehearse a new company.

Seeing a show when you're not feeling great  Apr 21 2024, 04:20:44 PM

dramamama611 said: "Also: I was playing Gueneviere in Camelot (a billion years ago). Had no understudy. Had no real choice. My fever broke during the Lusty Month of May. I sweat it out. Was fine the rest of the run."

I had to call Seussical while touring with TheatreWorks while vomiting, so I know your pain.

I also had a stomach bug hit me hard during the first act of Junk while selling merch. Because my company sucked and I had no other sellers to ca

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 21 2024, 04:10:48 PM

BdwayLife said: "FANtomFollies said: "Apparently an audience member walked up to the stage and grabbed Eddie Redmayne's costume tonight? Anybody there to give any more details?"

Unrelated, but...

I was there the night before, and watched the cast bring audience members up onto the stage, at the top of Act 2, to dance. One audience member slopped her drink all over the stage (understandability). As the official performance began, stage hand

Logistic to International tours?  Apr 19 2024, 06:04:11 PM

blaxx said: "hey definitely have protection. The Beetlejuice and Mean Girls US tours are playing in Mexico City this summer."

Mean Girls is non-Equity, so Equity won't be offering them any sort of protection while they are in Mexico City.

In the case of Beetlejuice, yes, typically a one-off tour international stop like that everyone will still be under their original contract for the tour, possibly with an additional rider to co

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 15 2024, 05:00:37 PM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "How is John Kander these days? Well, I hope. Will he see this?"

The article about Joel Grey's birthday celebration there last week stated that John Kander was one of several celebrities in attendance.

https://playbill.com/article/photos-broadways-cabaret-celebrates-joel-greys-birthday

Cabaret stunt casting  Apr 12 2024, 10:02:31 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "WTF?! Oscar winnerMira Sorvino is 57 years old! She’s old enough to play Fraulein Schneider!"

There's a few others on that poster's list whose ages would raise a few eyebrows (Celia Keenan-Bolger, for instance is closer to 50 now than she is to 40). Just shows how much of an art casting really is, and how terrible many on here would be at it.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 5 2024, 02:30:17 PM

FANtomFollies said: "I feel like with Eddie's contract being so short, if anything they will wait for the next Emcee and do a recording then. Kind of like Kiss of the Spider Woman where they waited for Vanessa Williams to replace Chita since she had already done the London recording."

Though with Spider Woman it wasn’t just Chita. All of the principals on the original recording also opened the show on Broadway. That recording wasn’t even originally la

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 5 2024, 12:03:33 AM

Broadway Flash said: "I haven’t seen this production, but I am in love with the Sam MendesCabaret. Roundabout should have just remounted it at Studio 54 and we all would be watching the DEFINITIVE production of CABARET. No reason for this one. The choreo in this new onelooks ugly. And the costumes. You cant beat the WONDERFULRob Marshall choreo and William Ivey Long design!!"

Roundabout has already remounted the Mendes production, and that remount didn’t

Christopher Durang Dead at 75  Apr 4 2024, 12:00:05 AM

SonofRobbieJ said: "He wrote a short play spoof on The Glass Menagerie called For Whom the Southern Belle Tolls that is so stupid and wonderful."

He also wrote a Streetcar parody called Desire, Desire, Desire. It’s been a long time since I’ve read it, but I remember Stanley constantly throwing beers in Blanche's face, Big Daddy coming in looking for peanut brittle, and at the end Harvey the Rabbit shows up and Bla

Who has had the most 1000 show runs on Broadway?  Apr 3 2024, 11:44:44 PM

Andrew Lloyd Webber had a fourth show to break 1000 performances, School of Rock (31 previews, 1309 performances). The original production of Sunset Boulevard missed the mark by just barely 3 weeks, closing with 977 regular performances.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 3 2024, 06:00:00 PM

dramamama611 said: "Speaking ofNastascia Diaz, is she understudying Sally?"

According to Playbill Vault the Sally understudies are Gabi Campo and Paige Smallwood. Natascia is listed as the Fraulein Schneider understudy (which makes sense considering she’s now in her mid 50s).

Congestion pricing will destroy broadway  Mar 26 2024, 02:20:34 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Isn’t the congestion pricing going to be for downtown Manhattan? there’s already a 16 dollar toll to get into the Lincoln tunnel, I think it will affect New Yorkers more than say New Jerseyans going to midtown. I don’t believe it will actually limit traffic but it’s a scheme to try to raise money. 3 billion for mta projects"

The current proposal is anything below 60th Street, not just downtown. The projected revenue is on

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT  Mar 26 2024, 12:02:30 PM

Have you seen any other production than that misguided Trevor Nunn revival? Because if that was the only one you’ve seen I would agree with your “terribly dull” assessment. Nunn directed the show like it was a dreary Chekhov piece. It was slow, plodding, and yes, dull. In more capable hands this show should sparkle like a mix of Oscar Wilde and Noel Coward.

Show That Have Sat Down  Mar 25 2024, 08:50:56 PM

We had commercials playing for the Toronto production all the time in Cleveland. I can still here the voice telling me to “buy Phantom by phone”!

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT  Mar 25 2024, 02:50:03 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Sure, but being 10 years older than a character is different than being 30 years too old (with an actor who's closer in age to his Madame A than his Desiree). Even if this is merely a concert and album, we can only suspend our disbelief so much. But ages are the least of the problems for some of this casting :)

As with a lot of classic musicals, the actors playing the principal roles have gotten older and older as time goes on. The origin

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Mar 25 2024, 02:37:07 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Tbt to when Broadway Flash said “You’re going to have an egg on your face when the announcement comes” on 2/23 when they insisted this was going into the Hudson, despite everyone with brain cells explaining why it wouldn’t work."

They also had a pronouncement  that Thomas Schumacher would be reopening the Palace (I assume they were trying to allude to the long-rumored/wished for Beauty and the Beast 

Show That Have Sat Down  Mar 25 2024, 01:45:52 PM

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "Las Vegas has seen many! MAMMA MIA, JERSEY BOYS, LION KING, PHANTOM, AVENUE Q, SPAMALOT HAIRSPRAY, THE PRODUCERS, CHICAGO come to mind pretty quickly! After the success of MAMMA MIA, there was a big burst of shows, most of them cut down to 90 minutes."

It’s almost ironic that so many of the shows insisted they needed to cut down to 90 minutes when the first one to have a long-term successful run in Vegas was Mamma Mia, whic

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT  Mar 25 2024, 01:37:32 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "A 74-year-old Fredrik (Raines) marrying an 18 year old is creepy beyond measure, even in just a concert and album. But I also don't think Fredrik sounds right as a basso profondo...you generally want more of a vocal contrast between him and the bombastic count.”

Just because Ron Raines is 74 it doesn’t mean that the character of Fredrik is also now 74. By that logic, the character of Anne is no longer 18, because Ker

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 22 2024, 09:31:02 AM

I’d assume the mountains are the Kells, the name given in the novel to the mountain range in the Vinkus/Winkie Country where Kiamo Ko is located.

Jennifer Lopez to Star in KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN Film  Mar 21 2024, 11:18:44 PM

Granted it’s been a while since I read the script, but I don’t recall much discussion, if any, of Aurora as a person, it’s all centered on the characters she played. So I’m not sure what making the character trans would actually add to the story without feeling kind of heavy handed to add dialogue to highlight it (note, that I’m opposed to casting a trans woman to play the part if she was right for it, and I’m sure there are a good number who could sing the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You