News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ktabianchi

ktabianchi Profile Photo
Member Name: ktabianchi
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Back to Before by a 17 year-old boy
 Aug 11 2010, 05:18:34 PM
Hey everybody!

That's me in the video. I just want to say thank you for all of your comments. Both positive and negative. I'm always glad to get criticism and take everything as an opportunity to improve. This was a performance for a Cabaret at the place I take voice lessons put on by the graduating seniors. The theme of the night was a sort of "Who I Was, Who I Am and Who I'm Going to Be" type of thing. So all of the songs were to be sung from our own point of view, not necessarily in

re: Huffington Post on In the Heights non-Latino Casting
 Dec 24 2009, 05:46:34 PM
A kid I know is in the final round of callbacks to replace Robin de Jesus as Sonny. He's white, Italian American and has not a latino bone in his body.

WOuldn't it be a kick if he and Corbin Bleu played cousins? 0_o

re: Kenny Ortega hits 'Heights'
 Dec 23 2009, 11:10:30 PM
I wouldn't HATE Christina Aguilera as Vanessa. She's got the sex appeal. She could dance the hell out of the club sequence. Just give her the right hair, makeup and wardrobe and I'm set.

As for Jennifer Lopez, we know she'd shut it DOWN as Daniela, but let's not forget she's an award winning actress. I would be so interested to see her tackle a role like Camilla. Get her in a matronly wig and some less glamorous make-up, I'm satisfied.

Leave the role of Daniela to (as I've said

re: Actresses to play Daisy/Violet in Sideshow
 Dec 21 2009, 07:33:05 PM
Kindof unrealistic, but I'd love it...

Shoshana Bean and Megan Hilty.

re: Kenny Ortega hits 'Heights'
 Dec 16 2009, 07:37:15 PM
LOVE the idea of Alexa Vega as Nina.

I would love to see Ana Ortiz or Sara Ramirez as Daniela.

re: Groff and Creel mention: Page Six
 Oct 25 2009, 03:12:20 PM
they are the brangelina of our people. so happy for them.

i'd give a leg to be in either of their positions (double entendre intended), but i'm super-happy for them both.

re: Musical Movies that should be made
 Sep 28 2009, 09:50:21 PM
Oh, City of Angels will be brilliant on film.

And now, I know it's the last thing we need, bu I've lately had this reoccurring thought of Kathy Bates and Anne Hathaway leading yet another movie version of Gypsy.

I also think if the whole thing could feel like the commercial, In the Heights would be amazing on film.

re: Ethnic people in non-ethnic roles
 Sep 25 2009, 04:32:20 PM
I did a production of Scrooge once where Ebenezer Scrooge was about 5'6" and white, 10-year-old Scrooge was a little white boy, and proposal-aged Scrooge was a 6'1" black guy.

THAT'S color blind casting.

re: Into The Woods! what's your favorite song!
 Aug 19 2009, 02:55:46 PM
I love the ease and flow of the melody and lyrics in "A Very Nice Prince". It mirrors (as does the music in the rest o the show) real conversation so well.

The Prologue, too. I love how most of the melodies used throughout the show are introduced in the first 10 minutes and then recalled upon later.

I just, I love it all.

re: Moments in Shows that Made You Cry When You First Saw It
 Aug 16 2009, 11:00:29 PM
In seventh grade I saw Wicked. And I (like many others here, I'm sure) did not fit in in middle school. And I had this amazing computer teacher who grew into a friend for me. And she would tell me everyday, "Key, Kev, remember - it's not easy being green". Well when Madame Morrible says the line about "she is distinguishable by her green skin" I started tearing up. And then when the ensemble sings "Look at her! She's wicked!" I lost it. I was sobbing. Lights come up and my brother (bless him for
re: What was your best/worst stagedoor encounter
 Aug 16 2009, 11:29:10 AM
I know my worst easily. Matt Caplan. When I graduated from middle school, my friend and I (who were ages 14 and 13 at the time) were taken to see RENT when he was in the role of Mark. Our seats were legitimately in the last row of the theatre, but we didn't care. But, accordingly, we were one of the last few people lingering in the lobby on the way out. We were in the lobby and Matt comes out and theres no one else around and we stop him and are like, "Hey can you sign these?" and he was like, "
re: Aaron Tveit Look-A-Like!!!
 Aug 16 2009, 11:13:04 AM
Glad I'm not the only one who sees the similarities between Tveit and Grabeel. It could be though that, and I may get shot for saying this, but I can totally see Lucas playing Gabe, too. He's got (well, they've both got) the voice, the look for it, the lovability factor.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You