News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayBuff2

BwayBuff2 Profile Photo
Member Name: BwayBuff2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chester See and Frankie Grande joining Rock of Ages
 Oct 23 2014, 05:15:09 PM
Very true, BroadwayGuy...these days there are plenty of mediocre people who get to perform on a Broadway stage each night for all sorts of reasons. And yes, Frankie has done a lot of good things in the community when it comes to benefits and such. I'm just not a big fan of him as a performer. Nice guy? Yes. A little self-indulgent? Of course.
 Oct 22 2014, 12:20:20 PM
It's not just a notion. Have you seen him perform? He's nowhere near the caliber required to be in a Broadway show. Even if it is Mamma Mia! The production of Pageant he did earlier this year (before it received an extended Off-Broadway run) was only done because he originally produced it. And then he put himself in it. If you have the money you can do whatever show you want! But, it did give other actors jobs and allowed the show to have a longer life Off-Broadway. But, for those of us t
 Oct 21 2014, 11:02:13 AM
Frankie Grande is just a (fake) personality. Not too much talent. His parents are super rich and just bought his way to Broadway. Come on, Rock of Ages! You don't need publicity stunts like this.
Hedwig SRO
 Apr 29 2014, 10:06:30 AM
What time do people start getting to the theatre to wait for SRO tickets? I'm thinking of doing it on Thursday.
Cabaret previews
 Mar 23 2014, 07:55:08 PM
Has anyone rushed the show yet? I know Roundabout has a general and a student rush policy. What time did people get there to start rushing?
Aladdin rush
 Mar 1 2014, 09:01:58 AM
Has anyone rushed this? How is it? I searched the "Aladdin Previews" thread and didn't find any mention of it...
Cast for Hunchback B'way workshop?
 Jan 25 2014, 11:51:47 PM
I have two friends that were in it, Grace Wall and Ian Gibb. Both are featured ensemble. I also know that Ciara Renée (The Witch in Big Fish) was Esmeralda.
Animazement Disney Trio
 Sep 13 2013, 12:30:59 AM
Hey y'all...I work at Ellen's Stardust in Times Square and want to do the Disney Trio from Animazement (the one Eden Espinosa did) for work. I have the track, but not quite sure on all of the lyrics for the side parts. Does anyone know or have access to the lyrics of this? Thanks!
Michael Cusumano's Last Weekend With
 Sep 10 2013, 04:04:01 PM
Hey y'all! So, Mikey is a friend of mine and yes, he is leaving Chicago. But, he actually doesn't have anything else lined up yet, unfortunately. He just feels like his time with Chicago is over. So, see it if you can before he leaves! He's an incredible dancer and helps bring the ensemble to life! He'll be missed.
Breaking News: Neil Patrick Harris to Star in HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH on Broadway - Spring 2014!
 Jun 18 2013, 11:11:14 AM
Best12Bars - The thing about Hedwig is that it's a very in your face piece. Like....the audience needs to feel like the environment is charged, that they could be a target at any moment to the antics of Hedwig. You can't get that in a Broadway House. I just feel this show works much better on a smaller scale. Every time I've seen a production of Hedwig it's been in a small house that sat 100-150 people. Yes, Circle In The Square Theatre is the best fit IMO, but I feel like the essence of the s
Breaking News: Neil Patrick Harris to Star in HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH on Broadway - Spring 2014!
 Jun 18 2013, 09:55:44 AM
Some of y'all are pretty naive...just because an actor has a "Skill set" or is "Great live" or was "Wonderful in Company and Assassins" doesn't mean they'll be great as Hedwig. I love NPH. I've always been a big fan of his...I loved him in Assassins! But, this casting is so far off the mark it's laughable. While I'm going to have to obviously hold my final judgements until after I see this...I'm afraid to predict that NPH is going to fall quite short of everyone's expectations. When you're not
KINKY BOOTS to perform on The View tomorrow morning (6/5)
 Jun 6 2013, 09:56:22 AM
Correction: Out of all the shows nominated for Best Musical, Kinky Boots is grossing the most. Out of all the new musicals this season? Well, that award goes to Motown. Who would have thought?

This performance just reminds me that I find Jerry Mitchell's choreography in Kinky Boots lazy, boring, and cliché.

All this hype over Billy Porter...I liked the show. I really liked his performance. But, I think Rob McClure deserves the Tony this year. He was so captivating in Cha

Katy Perry @ KINKY BOOTS
 May 3 2013, 01:34:23 AM
Ashford won't win. That Tony is Andrea's.
Warren Carlyle vs Josh Rhodes
 May 3 2013, 01:31:53 AM
I've worked with Josh Rhodes before and he is a dream! He was the choreographer on a production of Hairspray I did in 2011...I played Sketch. The life he brought to those dance numbers through his choreography was amazing. He really understood the time period and made the show his own. I preferred his Hairspray choreography over Jerry's (I've done his, too). And Casey Hushion (Fat Camp, Drowsy Chaperone, Elf...) was our director. It really was a dream team. I would work with Josh again ANY
A Christmas Story rush
 Dec 18 2012, 10:21:56 PM
How has the rush been lately for this show? I'm going tomorrow and would like to know if I should get there before 10am
Syesha Mercado in Book Of Mormon in Chicago
 Dec 11 2012, 04:50:17 PM
I was at the final dress in Chicago last night...I have several friends in the show. Stephanie and Jackson were both fired and bought out of their contracts. Neither one of them will continue on with the show in any of the casts. It was a creative decision made by the creative team. Syesha and the new McKinley (who was on a TheatreWorks tour when he got the news) were hired three days before the cast heard the news of Stephanie and Jackson being fired. Sad, indeed...but, Syesha was amazing
Matt Doyle takes over as Elder Price.
 Nov 9 2012, 01:27:54 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Matt Doyle is a weird choice? I just don't see him as Elder Price. I know most of the guys who have played the role and they're very smiley and sweet guys in real life. Matt doesn't come across quite that way...
Most if not all principal Elder Price are played by gay actors?
 Nov 9 2012, 01:25:24 AM
To the original poster (jazzhands3) who didn't know that Nic Rouleau was gay...he is. He is a sweetheart and a good friend of mine. I wish him all the luck in Chicago!
Schmackary's
 Nov 8 2012, 12:54:42 AM
My friend, Zachary, owns it! I'm so proud of him and all his success this year :) Please go out and support Schmackary's! He got a letter from Kristin Chenoweth this week praising him and his cookies. It's an amazing place. I loooooove the Lemon Poppy gluten free cookie. And I'm not even gluten free.
Once rush
 Nov 6 2012, 08:57:14 PM
If I wanted to rush Once tomorrow (Wednesday) ...what time do I need to get to the theatre? How has the rush been lately?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You