Schmackary's

Rainbowhigh23
#1Schmackary's
Posted: 11/7/12 at 4:03pm

Has anyone gained weight there since the Broadway community began singing it's praises back in the Spring?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Schmackary's
Posted: 11/7/12 at 4:06pm

Yay! Support Schmackary's! (My friends own it and I'm so happy for the success they're having!!)

Rainbowhigh23
#2Schmackary's
Posted: 11/7/12 at 4:10pm

My waistline is living proof that I support Schmackary's. The Maple Bacon and Red Velvet cookies did it for me.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3Schmackary's
Posted: 11/7/12 at 4:15pm

Their hot chocolate is excellent, too. I'm fat and happy!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#4Schmackary's
Posted: 11/7/12 at 4:31pm

Schmackary's is pretty friggin' fantastic. Best cookies in NYC.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Owen22
#5Schmackary's
Posted: 11/7/12 at 4:32pm

I have actually remained unimpressed...

After Eight
#6Schmackary's
Posted: 11/7/12 at 4:47pm

They're pretty good.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#7Schmackary's
Posted: 11/7/12 at 5:00pm

i thought they were ok, but momofuku milk bar is still king of cookies in NYC to me.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#8Schmackary's
Posted: 11/7/12 at 5:25pm

Schmackary's

A Red Velvet Schmackary is even better than a Red Velvet Magnolia Cupcake.

Rainbowhigh23
#9Schmackary's
Posted: 11/7/12 at 11:40pm

^ Did you have to do that to me?!! Oh lord that looks so good.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#10Schmackary's
Posted: 11/7/12 at 11:47pm

They are absolutely AMAZING...but their best thing isn't even a cookie. The German Chocolate Brownie is so good there are no words. Probably my favorite dessert in New York right now.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

secondstar2theright Profile Photo
secondstar2theright
#11Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 12:31am

I thought it was just ok. I tried the maple bacon, red velvet, and s'mores. I'd go to Schmackary's again, but I don't think it's omgsoooogooditissoamazing. Maybe I need to try it again...

starstuff makes you what you wanna be! shoop!

BwayBuff2 Profile Photo
BwayBuff2
#12Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 12:54am

My friend, Zachary, owns it! I'm so proud of him and all his success this year :) Please go out and support Schmackary's! He got a letter from Kristin Chenoweth this week praising him and his cookies. It's an amazing place. I loooooove the Lemon Poppy gluten free cookie. And I'm not even gluten free.

dontevenstart
#13Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 4:19am

The cookies were decent.

What turns me off is the nasty owner. On SEVERAL occasions he has been down right rude to people in the store. Unless you are a bway celebrity, he could care less. He's all about marketing the shop and getting celebs to tweet about him.

rhdery Profile Photo
rhdery
#14Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 7:36am

I love it there. The food is all very high quality. I personally love the German Chocolate brownie, and when looking for some basic old fashioned goodness the chocolate chip cookie is very nice.

As for service I have always found it awesome, and I am just a guy. I only wandered into S forlornly looking for coffee when the old and great run down coffee shop up the street suddenly closed and have since fallen in love.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#15Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 7:42am

Zachary has always been nice to me and I'm not a "bway celebrity." He seems to have a joy in cookie-making that extends to his employees and most of the people who walk in.

dontevenstart--do you find that people are generally rude to you wherever you go? Perhaps you put out that kind of energy and assume you get it back from others when in fact their behavior is polite or neutral.

You sound like you need a good Schmackary.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#16Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 7:59am

Good. Levain is the king of Cookies in NYC though.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

singaboutlove  Profile Photo
singaboutlove
#17Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 8:41am

Every time I go into the city, I make sure I stop at Schmackary's. Normally I get two cookies and call it lunch. Schmackary's

Icon: a picture I took of my Merrily We Roll Along Encores! playbill.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#18Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 9:04am

I can't afford this on a regular basis. However, that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I say this only because they are amazing but also amazingly bad for you at the same time. That's why I am content making them a "sometimes treat."

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#19Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 9:44am

Oh, please. You're saying Zach is rude to everyone who isn't a broadway "celebrity"? So those long lines out the door everyday are just filled with people who are being treated like shlt except for the one occasional person who is treated kindly?

You're such an idiot.

dtzumbrunnen Profile Photo
dtzumbrunnen
#20Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 9:59am

When you combine a delicious cookie with a delicious instagram feed, I'm a fan.
Schmackary's on Instagram

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#21Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 10:02am

The service is always excellent and VERY friendly. I don't know if I've met the owner, but the staff behind the counter are so nice and helpful. Some of the them (sadly) recognize me as a regular, and I can tell you good customer service starts by the example at the top. If they are a reflection of the owner, then he's a pretty nice guy.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#22Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 11:21am

My experiences there have been similar, too- very friendly and nice staff behind the counter. Making jokes, etc. Haven't met the owner himself, but one of the managers is the same.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#23Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 11:26am

>Good. Levain is the king of Cookies in NYC though.<

I agree about Levain.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#24Schmackary's
Posted: 11/8/12 at 12:19pm

Agreed. It's about Levain. Hands down.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka