News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Karlan Judd

Karlan Judd Profile Photo
Member Name: Karlan Judd
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

How Not To Take Criticism Like A Professional
 Oct 12 2016, 12:06:40 PM

Thank you for your comments everyone. I am listening, I promise. While I am not new to writing, I am new to commercial producing and I am learning many lessons. It was wrong of me to react this way, and especially on a page that publicly represents the show. I have never posted a reaction to any review, either of my own work, or to the work of others. I can’t remember for sure but I think I’ve posted on BroadwayWorld maybe once or twice in my life, even though I’ve been a me

Oct 10 2016, 04:52:29 PM

I promise I am not going to respond to every post on this thread, but Lizzie, I really hope people want to come and see THE REAL ACTORS OF NYC because its a great show, because it brings a new voice to Off Broadway, and because people enjoy it and can relate to it...those are the only reasons I have. And so I hope that if it is your kind of musical you will come and see it...and that if you want to learn more about it, you will read reviews from people who intelligently give th

Oct 10 2016, 04:28:59 PM

Hi All,

I am the writer of this show and the composer of the post referred to by ekline1. There is so much to say here. I tend to agree with Sunny11 that there is a double standard. But I have seen that so many were offended by my attempt at a humorous post about someone who had not posted a thoughtful review, but instead had posted a meaningless and thoughtless 1/100 for our show. And so for this, I apologize. 

Before deleting the post, I gave a full ap

Moment of Shade
 Sep 19 2016, 06:00:24 PM

Hey Guys, have you all heard of a new Off-Broadway show called THE REAL ACTORS OF NYC? I hear its really funny and smart! Check it out.

Haha...yeah, I'm the writer. But you all should know that these boards are part of the inspiration for writing the show in the first place. You know, once in a while there's some serious shade being thrown on these chat boards.

The show is about actors dealing with all of the difficulties/shade they encounter in this bus

BWW Carrie Preview
 Jan 18 2012, 04:51:53 PM
I thought the preview was pretty decent for a first look...though it seems like there might have been a more show-specific song that would better represent the show. I am VERY interested to see it.

I agree with SoCalDirector, I think the Tommy did just fine, especially with a song presented without any context. And putting the success/failure of this production on his shoulders seems pretty over the top.

So, I have lurked for a while here but this is my first posting and a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You