News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NPHCreel

Member Name: NPHCreel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

STAGE TUBE: First Look at Ace Young, Diana DeGarmo and More in Highlights of JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT Tour  May 30 2014, 03:30:50 PM
I saw the tour in Durham, NC a couple weeks ago. I'm not a huge fan of "Joseph" overall but the current cast has a great energy level and some fantastic dancers. I'm "eh" on Ace Young as Joseph. I could see what he was TRYING to do to demonstrate Joseph's growth but he just doesn't have any heft as an actor. He's not terrible but the range where his singing voice remains pleasant is... limited. He is pretty to look at so there's that I guess.

On the other hand I loved Diana DeGarm

2014-2015 Announced National Tours Seasons  Apr 1 2014, 07:37:18 PM
The Broadway in Indianapolis lineup for 14/15:
Elf the Musical Dec.16-21, 2014
The Illusionists Jan. 20-25, 2015
Annie Feb. 24-March 1, 2015
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat April 7-12, 2015
Dirty Dancing June 9-14, 2015

Season options: Mamma Mia Oct. 3-5 2014 and Beauty and the Beast May 1-3, 2015

STAGE TUBE: First Look at Ace Young, Diana DeGarmo and More in Highlights of JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT Tour  Mar 15 2014, 12:16:19 PM
I haven't seen the show but I read something about Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo doing a duet reprise of the prologue that ends the show. Actually I think the megamix ends the show but this is right before it.
Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo: The 'Sonny & Cher' of the theater world.  Jan 7 2014, 05:15:04 PM
Marrying Diana has been good for Ace's career. LOL

Maybe they figure the couple that works together stays together. It's a tough industry for relationships. Still, I'm really hoping she manages to get involved with Diner. She did the reading last month and I hope she can be done with "Joseph" in time to have a chance with the Broadway show.

As far as Samson and Delilah, I'm sure Diana sings the **** out of the songs but I have no idea who Ron Yatter is or if he has any busin

Ace Young & Diana DeGarmo leading JOSEPH National Tour  Jan 6 2014, 04:24:11 PM
I take it there still haven't been any announcements of who else has been cast? My assumption is rehearsals will start fairly soon.

I'm very grateful the poster steered away from the Clay Aiken version from last summer. I don't mind this one at all.

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat tour  Nov 19 2013, 03:23:43 AM
I saw a casting call for late October for auditions that would fill out the rest of the principle and supporting roles. I'm wondering if anyone has heard any talk about who might be going out on the tour (besides the already announced Diana DeGarmo, obviously)?
Spiderman - Good or Bad Career Move ?  Aug 25 2013, 05:03:27 PM
It depends.

You don't get hurt = good career move
Something heavy falls on your head or you crash land in the audience = bad career move

Ace Young & Diana DeGarmo leading JOSEPH National Tour  Aug 21 2013, 08:46:12 PM
Considering Clay clearly sang, acted, and sexed up the role of Joseph like no one before or ever will again (LOL) I'm shocked anyone would mount a national tour of the show. Shouldn't it be retired in his honor, like a football jersey?

Anyway...is there any word on offers going out for the other roles? I'm curious who will be playing the Pharoah and his wife. I'd like to see an actor named Joe Mahwold (I probably just mangled the spelling of his last name). He was Franklin Hart in the national tour of 9 to 5 and I thought he was terrific.

Ace Young & Diana DeGarmo leading JOSEPH National Tour  Aug 19 2013, 06:43:00 PM
I'm not wild about this show but I think Diana Degarmo will sing the **** out of it. That alone makes me hope for a tour cast recording.

Ace will be a very believable Joseph. He's charismatic and a decent actor. His voice is limited but if they let him sing within his range he'll be fine. And as has already been pointed out, he'll be nice eye candy. I doubt he was hired for his voice.

Nerds the Musical?  Oct 5 2012, 07:31:07 PM
Well it certainly seems likely Nerds is the show in question. Leslie will have to do a quick turnaround from Elf.

If they're anticipating a Broadway transfer after NC, I just hope they don't go into one of the cavernous theaters. something about this show just doesn't strike me as being meant for the St. James (for example).

Nerds the Musical?  Oct 5 2012, 06:19:00 PM
I follow Leslie Kritzer on Twitter and noticed she and Darren Ritchie are tweeting each other about a show they'll be doing together in North Carolina after the holidays that is then transferring to Broadway. The only Broadway bound/aspiring show that I heard would be in NC is Nerds, the Bill Gates/Steve Jobs musical comedy. I didn't realize the NC thing was going to be an out of town tryout so maybe I'm on the wrong track?

Anyone know?

Maroulis, Davi, Jarvis to Star in Revised THE TOXIC AVENGER in Houston  Dec 7 2011, 07:40:23 PM
Well the good news is Nancy Opel is reprising her dual roles. She was a MUST have from the off broadway run and I'm glad they got her.

Constantine will sing the **** out of the score but he's not physically imposing like Nick Cordero. I'll have to wait to see if he can play nerdy. All in all not a bad choice if Cordero isn't doing it.

The head scratcher is Mara Davi. I knew Diana Degarmo wouldn't be back, even though I thought she was fabulous as Sarah. Bad timing. She'

GODSPELL Reviews  Nov 9 2011, 07:47:50 PM
Sounds like Gavin Creel and Diana DeGarmo dodged a bullet by not re-committing to do this production because the problem doesn't seem to be with the cast as much as it is with the show itself.
Toxic Avenger coming to Broadway?  Sep 14 2011, 02:54:52 PM
Looks like Diana DeGarmo has gotten a contract role on The Young and The Restless out in LA.
Unless she is doing a very short stint (entirely possible with the way things are going on soaps) I can't imagine she'll be part of Toxic Avenger.

Toxic Avenger coming to Broadway?  Sep 3 2011, 01:16:12 AM
Struggling with reading comprehension? There hasn't been one negative thing said about DeGarmo in this thread. Chill out, fanboy.
Toxic Avenger coming to Broadway?  Sep 2 2011, 02:33:13 AM
It's a show designed for a small cast and there might be some potential rub by touting it as being from the creators of Memphis. It's funny though because Toxic came first. Low overhead, tweak the script, new location, new marketing, and some association with Memphis might make it more viable than it appears on the surface.

I saw it after Jason Wooten and Diana joined. The theatre looked pretty full. Not sold out but probably 3/4th full. New World Stages is a bit off the beaten path and

Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012  Aug 23 2011, 03:06:17 AM
"DeGarmo WAS being considered for Godspell...

She'd be great for this."

Was being considered? Hmm, well if she's not doing Godspell, and Caissie doesn't transfer, I'd love to see it open on Broadway starring Aaron Tveit and Diana.

Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012  Aug 23 2011, 02:08:56 AM
I suspect Caissie will be brought over with the show but IF she's not, there are some wonderful suggestions here. Kate Shindle, Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Daimiano,and Teal Wicks would all do justice to the role, though both Jennifer and Diana tend to read "early 20's" onstage. Depending on who was cast as Sam, there could be a bit of a mismatch if Molly looks too young. Plus, if Spiderman is still running I doubt they'd be willing to let go of Jen, and I'm still thinking Diana might be Godspell bo
Bonnie & Clyde  Aug 16 2011, 07:53:50 PM
Obviously we know Jeremy Jordan and Laura Osnes are transferring with the show to Broadway, but does it look like all the main cast members are joining the Broadway version or will there be a new Blanche, new Buck, etc?
Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale  Aug 16 2011, 04:30:10 PM
There are 4 main female cast members in Godspell, correct? I'm still holding out hope Diana DeGarmo joins Telly in this cast from the cancelled 2008 revival. She would make it a must see for me.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You