pixeltracker

Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale

Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#2Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/16/11 at 3:06pm

Nick Blaemire? Wait, wasn't he one of the writers of GLORY DAYS?

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#2Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/16/11 at 3:37pm

Yes, he was! He is returning to the scene of the crime - the Circle in the Square!

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#3Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/16/11 at 3:51pm

Nick Blaemire should be banned from Broadway for that turd Glory Days.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#4Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/16/11 at 3:58pm

This revival becomes less interesting to me with every press release.

THDavis Profile Photo
THDavis
#5Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/16/11 at 4:02pm

I find Glory Days interesting to listen to once every month or two. I really like My Next Story and Open Road is alright.

BWayFanatic Profile Photo
BWayFanatic
#6Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/16/11 at 4:22pm

I hope this production gets a cast recording, because its gonna sound amazing.

Glory Days may not be liked by many, but Blaemire can SING! Also, did anyone else catch Morgan James when she went on for Janet Dacal? I thought she took a bland role and made it pretty amazing.

I wonder who'll be singing what?

husk_charmer
#7Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/16/11 at 4:27pm

See, now Blaemire would actually make me go see the show. He was wonderful in Little Shop of Horrors.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

NPHCreel
#8Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/16/11 at 4:30pm

There are 4 main female cast members in Godspell, correct? I'm still holding out hope Diana DeGarmo joins Telly in this cast from the cancelled 2008 revival. She would make it a must see for me.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#9Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/16/11 at 6:54pm

This is the best off-Broadway show on Broadway.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#10Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/16/11 at 8:11pm

Are tickets to its run at New World Stages on sale yet?

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#11Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/16/11 at 8:53pm

There are 4 main female cast members in Godspell, correct?

Usually, it's a cast of 10 (5 males, 5 females), with 2 standbys (1 male, 1 female), maybe a few more standbys as necessary. Then again, I've also heard of smaller (!) and larger (some as large as 50) casts. Our Harlem production in 1996/97 had a cast of 12.

Are tickets to its run at New World Stages on sale yet?

LOL! If everyone involved intends to make money back, it better be soon.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#13Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/17/11 at 12:18am

"Glory Days may not be liked by many, but Blaemire can SING!"

Um, please go to Kerrigan/Lowdermilk's site and listen to his rendition of "The Proposal." It's awful. His voice is not good. It's shrill. And mixed with Parrish's voice....yeah, this is gonna be rough.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#14Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/17/11 at 12:20am

Morgan James is incredible and has sparked a little interest for me to see this. What a voice!

OhTossums2 Profile Photo
OhTossums2
#15Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/17/11 at 6:24am

Hunter Parrish as Jesus? Am I the only one who cringes at the idea of this? He was fairly mediocre in Spring Awakening; I can't see him in this role at all!

Jealous? I ain't jealous. I can take on these fellas whateva.

Sophiia Profile Photo
Sophiia
#16Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/17/11 at 9:13am

I'm most excited about Morgan James- I watched some of her videos and her voice is beautiful!

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#17Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/17/11 at 9:19am

Ripped Man- Did you see Blaemire in "Things to Ruin" or any of the other Iconis appearances he's made? He really does have a wonderful voice and makes me more excited to see this revival.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!
Updated On: 8/17/11 at 09:19 AM

Blactor
#18Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/17/11 at 10:24am

Uzo Aduba is an extremely talented actress and singer that I know very well.

Morgan is a colleague of mine, and more people know about her awesomeness, but do NOT sleep on Aduba, whom I genuinely believe should be more famous than she is right now.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#19Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/17/11 at 10:58am

Morgan James has an AMAZING voice--she's equally strong as a soprano and singing in chest voice. And she's versatile, going from a belty role like Alice on Broadway to Sarah Brown in GUYS AND DOLLS in the span of a month. I'm likely to see the revival just for her. Listen to her singing Lady Macbeth's aria in an audition for MASTER CLASS--she should be playing Sharon on Broadway, not Sierra Boggess.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiDEmNjSWA8

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

erinrebecca
#20Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/17/11 at 12:08pm

I'd go, just to see Telly. He has a beautiful voice.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#21Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/17/11 at 12:55pm

I am extremely surprised and very happy that they are making an obvious and concentrated effort to cast actors who were supposed to be in the aborted Broadway revival. Is it the same director and producers?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#22Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/17/11 at 1:02pm

Same director and most of the same producers. It's the production that originated at Paper Mill Playhouse in 2006--Leung and Aduba date back to that production. Robin de Jesus, who is rumored to be cast in this production, was in the Paper Mill staging as well.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

romgitsean
#23Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/17/11 at 5:15pm

I am a huge Weeds fan, so naturally Hunter excites me, but he strikes me more as a John The Baptist than a Jesus. Either way, love him, love the show, so I'll be there. Could totally see him in Carrie though, now that I think about it...

Recent Broadway and Off-Broadway:: Carrie, Merrily, Ionescopade
Next On The List :: Clybourne Park, Once, Streetcar, BOM

AEA AGMA SM
#24Telly Leung, Uzo Aduba, Nick Blaemire and Morgan James To Join Hunter Parrish in GODSPELL; Tickets on Sale
Posted: 8/17/11 at 5:25pm

"Robin de Jesus, who is rumored to be cast in this production, was in the Paper Mill staging as well."

Robin just began looking for somebody to sublet his place as he's about to head out to L.A., so I think it's safe to assume he will not be part of this revival.