News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MusicSnob1

MusicSnob1 Profile Photo
Member Name: MusicSnob1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Congrats Glee!!!  Jan 19 2010, 11:41:38 AM
AMEN, Steven!!!

You nailed it - not one single "weak link" about the always fantastic Modern Family. Writing, direction, style, and acting is *spot on*

Congrats Glee!!!  Jan 19 2010, 01:57:21 AM
MODERN FAMILY was robbed. End of story.
Rocky horror 2010  Jan 18 2010, 09:45:21 PM
Your own personal fantasy, Janey.

xoxoxo

Rocky horror 2010  Jan 18 2010, 08:53:04 PM
OMG! That is amazing.

Cooolkid - You are loved. xoxoxo

Did Rob Marshall think NINE was going to be the next CABARET?  Jan 18 2010, 07:56:34 PM
"These musicals are hard to make and there are not to many directors interested."

Then don't make them.

There. Done.

Rocky horror 2010  Jan 18 2010, 07:54:54 PM
Wait wait wait.

Is that COOOOOLKIDDO or not?!?!

Rocky horror 2010  Jan 18 2010, 07:36:22 PM
tking/quizking is COOOOLKID???? No way. Shut the front door. Holy sh*t!

xoxo

Sound clip from London Legally Blonde...plus interesting critics discussion  Jan 18 2010, 07:35:34 PM
And when you say "Blonde", you're actually saying: mindless fluff.... right?

No wonder LEGALLY BLONDE is doing so well over there. Not surprised, at all. That's the sad part.

Rocky horror 2010  Jan 18 2010, 07:32:58 PM
No.
Thoughts: Laura Bell Bundy's 'Giddy On Up' Music Video  Jan 18 2010, 05:02:29 PM
Everything is relative. With the current top 20 country hits, this song is FAR from being a "hit".

Look at everything that's topping the list - Country genre has completely moved away from the aggressive 'rock country/deep south' sound. Sara Bluxton, Lady Antebellum, Dierks Bentley, a select number of Brad Paisley tunes, a few of the Darius Rucker hits, and even Sarah Evans (at times).

Yes, there will always be a Trace Adkins or Jason Aldean but, even so, look at how thei

Sweet Smell Of Success  Jan 18 2010, 03:52:09 PM
If I recall correctly, I think it got bashed. And I know a lot of people were NOT fans upon initial mounting. Lithgow received some positive reviews, though...I think. I also could be wrong on that.

I personally LOVE the score, hate the book, thought the production was a snooze-fest, but overall impressed by the cast. Lots of mixed feelings for me. I can see why it was such a flop. I hope the score is preserved for years to come though!

xoxo

re: Is Rosie Gonna Do Wicked?  Jan 18 2010, 01:10:13 PM
^^ Are YOU Jackee Harry?
Thoughts: Laura Bell Bundy's 'Giddy On Up' Music Video  Jan 18 2010, 11:15:20 AM
We're usually on the same "page" with our thoughts Mywonder... You really think it has the potential?

This song pales in comparison to the current top 10 or even 20 country hits.

What have you walked out of and why?  Jan 18 2010, 11:08:38 AM
Walked out of CRY-BABY. Possibly one of the worst musicals to ever grace a Broadway stage.

xoxo

Thoughts: Laura Bell Bundy's 'Giddy On Up' Music Video  Jan 18 2010, 11:01:35 AM
You CLEARLY do not know Country.

"This song is a sure-fire hit."

As someone who has passionately followed the Country Music industry, in line with Broadway, I can promise you that this is *not* a "sure-fire hit". It barely skims the surface of quality CMT material; in regards to both the song and music video.

And your confusion about the "Cig..." song is fair enough. You must remember, however, that it is Country - sometimes we like to throw in a song or two that mak

How was final FINIANS performance?  Jan 18 2010, 10:56:36 AM
I think most people just don't appreciate a charmingly old-fashioned 'feel good' musical. They're too into themselves or too jaded or *whatever*.

I am so happy to hear that it went well! Sounds like an amazing experience. Wish I could have been there. I'll miss you, FINIAN!

xoxo

How was final FINIANS performance?  Jan 18 2010, 01:31:22 AM
I'm so sad I missed it. It was beautiful both times I witnessed this charming production. Not sure I could handle a closing night, seriously.

I acknowledge its "dated" feel but that's what made it so damn wonderful. Best of luck to all involved. I hope, one day, FINIANS will have more success as a revival.

So for those who attended, how was it??? Please share your final thoughts. I'd love to hear. Thank you. xoxo

Thoughts: Laura Bell Bundy's 'Giddy On Up' Music Video  Jan 18 2010, 01:24:57 AM
I love CMT. I hate LBB.

I'm wrestling with so many emotions right now! xoxo

Congrats Glee!!!  Jan 17 2010, 11:49:55 PM
MODERN FAMILY is the only *funny* show that was nominated.
I was bored and made spec art for Catch Me If You Can. check it out.  Jan 17 2010, 11:46:36 PM
Messy and bad. Don't bash a FANTASTIC design, like "La Cage", and then expect to receive some type of praise from me (regardless of age).

xoxo

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You