News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sskeats2

Member Name: sskeats2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dear Elizabeth-is it best casting of year  Oct 22 2015, 10:57:11 AM

As to TDF, Dear Elizabeth is still present. But all the dates have double asterisks  next to them. 

Dear Elizabeth-is it best casting of year  Oct 19 2015, 04:00:35 PM

https://the-interval.com/interviews/2015/10/14/lynn-nottage#.ViUebyh3Mak

More interesting casting to the line-up.Anybody check the box office lately> I wonder who is sold out. It's not a very big theater.

Dear Elizabeth-is it best casting of year  Oct 16 2015, 04:28:04 PM

I've been told that it is more than just letter writing when I purchased tickets. And if you love Ruhl you know she will not let this relationship between Robert and Elizabeth become just still born through letters. My bet.

Dear Elizabeth-is it best casting of year  Oct 16 2015, 10:34:52 AM

Casting isn't complete,,,I wonder if they have any other biggies coming in? Let's not forget the men. I wonder who else for Robert Lowell beside John Douglas Thompson?

Dear Elizabeth-is it best casting of year  Oct 15 2015, 03:16:55 PM

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/182436/cherry-jones-kathleen-chalfant-more-set-for-sar

A new play about the relationship between Robert Lowell and Elizabeth Spencer is the topic of Dear Elizabeth by Sarah Ruhl and directed by Kate Whoriskey. It opens at the Women's Project Theater October 28. It's the McGinn Cazale Theater on Broadway and West 76 St. That's first home of 2nd Stage

I think I would opt for the J. Smith Cameron/John Douglas Thompson duo. Ah...maybe I would do more than one.  What's your pick?  

Lynn Nottage's New Play  Aug 20 2015, 10:47:55 AM

Can I ask you why (broadwayboy987)  an off-broadway run is much more appropriate than a commercial run for Lynn Nottage's Sweat.

I assume you read the NYTimes review. 

Tick, TICK..BOOM Half Price-only $45 per $98. tkt Great seats Wed. June 25 Encores! Off-Center  Jun 9 2014, 12:55:26 PM
$98. tkt for $45 each Have 2 tkts

Tick Tick Boom June 25 @7:30p two tkts 2nd row grand tier dead center
Great cast. Lin-Manuel Miranda, Karen Olivo (In the Heights), Leslie Odom, Jr. (Smash)

By Jonathan Larson of Rent fame. Revamped by Pulitzer Prize winner David Auburn.

Perfect seats:2nd row of Grand Tier. Seats dead center.

Now half price $45 for each $98 tkt Great cast

Nottage to attend Intimate Apparel benefit reading  Jan 5 2013, 08:03:42 PM
An actor friend who is doing the reading tells me the evening is almost sold out.

Maybe they'll stage it for real down the road. But I wish Viola Davis would come back to Broadway in this piece. Or turn it into a film.

Viola was luminous in the role. And I much appreciate this play better than Ruined.

Nottage to attend Intimate Apparel benefit reading  Jan 3 2013, 03:34:42 PM
Along with Lynn Nottage's attendance, women's movement pioneers Gloria Steinem and Robin Morgan will be there.
(All 3 are on steering committee of Direct Donor Action Advancing Women Worldwide)

I wonder if the talkback will be on current women's issues or the play.

Maybe both.

Great cast will be reading play. And all seats just $40. June 7@7pm Signature Theater

Benefit Reading INTIMATE APPAREL  Dec 21 2012, 12:02:20 AM
I noticed that Condola who is doing this reading is in Trip to Bountiful. I wonder if she's going to in HBO's Stick Fly where she won o Tony nom on Bway.
Benefit Reading INTIMATE APPAREL  Dec 21 2012, 12:02:04 AM
I noticed that Condola who is doing this reading is in Trip to Bountiful. I wonder if she's going to in HBO's Stick Fly where she won o Tony nom on Bway.
Benefit Reading INTIMATE APPAREL  Dec 15 2012, 10:50:32 AM
I was told that the best Mama Nadi by a friend who saw most of them, was Jenny Jules who played it in London and in D.C.

Did you see her? I haven't but wish I did. I was told she made the play more powerful.

Benefit Reading INTIMATE APPAREL  Dec 14 2012, 11:47:37 AM
In my email queue this morning from a friend.

More info about the benefit organization, Nottage's involvement and more info about cast.

Benefit Reading INTIMATE APPAREL  Dec 13 2012, 12:24:15 AM
Someone once told me that Tonya Pinkins was up for Mama Nadi. What's your take on that casting?

Benefit Reading INTIMATE APPAREL  Dec 12 2012, 06:50:11 PM
And who doesn't love those two actors from Ruined...

Which for me raises the topic that many of my friends prefer Intimate Apparel to Ruined.

In fact, they think IA should have won the Pulitzer and not Ruined.

Benefit Reading INTIMATE APPAREL  Dec 12 2012, 10:56:51 AM
Quite a beautiful cast (what do you do if Viola Davis is not in town).

Jan 7 at Signature-reading to benefit Direct Donor Action Advancing Women Worldwide.

I believe Nottage is on the board.

Can someone spoil the plot of BY THE WAY, MEET VERA STARK for me?  Jul 3 2012, 09:29:11 PM
That is one gigantic spoiler. *******Did you hate the play that much?????
Reviews of Hurt Village  Feb 28 2012, 11:28:00 AM
Adam Feldman in Time Out
HOW I LEARNED TO DRIVE Discount Code?  Feb 14 2012, 02:48:41 PM
My friend gave me a discount code. It was JGHD.

I saw the play with it. Only 42.50

But if may have been suspended after the Brantley review. You can call the box office to avoid handling charges and to see if they'll honor it.. But as I said, it may have been suspended after last night's opening.

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG First Performance - I was at the dress..  Feb 8 2012, 11:12:35 PM
I would expect a transfer if the critics crow which I expect they will.. Except for a a number of plot bromides in the first act, the show is a joy. Definitely a Sondheim. His stamp of cynicism or irony certainly.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You