News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jose

Jose Profile Photo
Member Name: Jose
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

This board in the old days
 Nov 17 2019, 10:12:19 AM

Well said, Pal Joey.

I came to BWW this morning to read what theater-goers had to say about THE INHERITANCE, whose Part 1 I saw two nights ago.  I happened to see this thread and being one of the early members, I had to skim through.  Being the first publicly named sole Moderator I was disliked by some (vehemently by a few), liked by more and treated indifferently by most members. I volunteered my time to help Rob manage this Board and enjoyed my

Evan Hansen IS a sociopath
 Mar 13 2019, 09:46:04 AM

http://joseonbway.com/2016/04/

I have believed so since I first encountered him.

Dislike the character, dispise the show.

Alice By Heart Tickets - $30 Second Row Orch
 Mar 13 2019, 09:31:25 AM
Are your tkts still available?
Broadway, 2016 - 2017
 Jun 13 2017, 09:03:52 PM

The Opening Night Playbills of Broadway, 2016 -2017.

Broadway, 2016 - 2017, Opening Night Playbills

Barbra records "Funny Girl," the OBC
 May 23 2017, 10:52:09 PM

Some pictures of the recording session.

Barbra, "Funny Girl," the OBC recording.

AMERICAN PSYCHO is more than you may think
 Jun 2 2016, 06:59:49 PM

It's not for everyone of course.  Still I'm glad to see many thoughtful opinions expressed, pro or con. I happen to like the show and I'm sorry that the nay-sayers, starting with the NYTimes and some other critics, appear to have short-circuited this stimulating evening of theatre. I plan to go again before it closes. There is some terrific work on display that deserves attention. Theatre is fleeting and I'm personally glad to have experienced it.  

"Dear Evan Hansen" - NO
 May 30 2016, 05:51:35 PM

"American Psycho" and "Bright Star" - YES; "Dear Evan Hansen" - NO

May 29 2016, 03:23:21 PM

Actually, it is set in 1989.  Thank you for reminding me to update that.  

May 29 2016, 12:14:46 PM

If you are in NYC, or plan to be by 6/5, AND you have an affinity with musical theatre or share a concern about where America is heading, I urge you to see "American Psycho." It is truly the first modern, i.e., 21st Century, musical. Its genesis is the music video, not vaudeville nor the musicals of Broadway's Golden Age. It is a funny and searing indictment of a time and place (Manhattan, 1989) whose values have brought us to a point in time where Donald Trump appears headed to become the Republican candidate for President. It also contains two of the most brilliant, and sadly overlooked, performances of the season--Benjamin Walker and Heléne Yorke.

This is not a show for children as there is coarse language and simulated intercourse as well as simulated acts of violence. It is a show for adults who like musicals that are challenging and cause one to think. A musical like "American Psycho" comes along rarely. Eventually, it will be re-mounted and recognized, but the thrill of this original Broadway production should not be dismissed.

"American Psycho" closes June 5th.

#musicals #Broadway #AmericanPsycho

AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
 May 27 2016, 07:00:07 PM

What a shame!  Seeing it Saturday for the third time.  One of the top three shows of the season. Stylish, sophisticated, intelligent, witty, fun, terrific score, great looking cast and a show for adults.

"Bright Star" - Cast Recording Review
 May 17 2016, 10:40:42 PM

My comments on the "Bright Star" cast recording.

AP Review
 Apr 30 2016, 08:00:57 PM

"American Psycho the Musical" is brilliant in my opinion.  I've seen it twice now and will be going again soon. Ben Walker has the three requisites of a true stage star: talent, confidence and good-looks. Heléne Yorke is a comic genius.  The music is unexpected and hypnotic, the choreography is unique and fresh.  The satire is on the mark and it is outrageously funny.  The overall effect is one of, "Damn, this is a musical!&quo

New PS Classics recording hints
 Apr 30 2016, 06:48:33 AM

My Tweet to PS from March.  They never responded.

@PSClassics Cole Porter's "Something For The Boys" Betty Garrett was in cast + "All...Family" & "Laverne & Shirley."

AMERICAN PSYCHO Previews
 Apr 12 2016, 10:47:24 PM

I saw the show over a week ago.  I believe AMERICAN PSYCHO The Musical is COMPANY for The Millennials.  There are no spoilers in my piece, nor any critical comments on the production at the Schoenfeld. I will say that since I bought the London Cast recording last Friday I have listened to it continually.  

https://joseonbway.wordpress.com

DISASTER(ous) Previews
 Feb 10 2016, 09:09:35 AM

I venture that the reason all of the songs are snippets is because to sing  any longer means to pay royalties.  

The ultimate goal here has been and is to log the required number of Broadway performances and get the reviews. Then to build a marketing foundation to license the show. No matter how awful the reviews there will be isolated words that make for positive pull quotes.  The reviews could even turn out to be good (there's no accounting

Does anyone eat at Per Se
 Jan 12 2016, 11:12:08 PM

For anyone who has been to Per Se, are there any gunshots?

Taping IS Theft
 Jan 1 2016, 01:29:47 PM

@Hogan. LOL  You got me there!

Actually I own no bootleg videos. So there are none on my phone nor any photos either.

hence the need for a copier.  Ever contemplated why there is/was never a copier in Barnes & Noble?

Taping IS Theft
 Dec 31 2015, 08:12:19 PM

I walk into a bookstore. I pull a book from the shelf, perhaps it's recently published maybe even a best seller but perhaps not.  I only know I'm interested in the book.  I take the book and locate the copy machine in the bookshop.  I begin to copy every page from the cover.  No one stops me.  Several people see me and shake their heads. I ignore them and continue.  I finish copying the last page.  I return the book to the shelf.  I walk ou

Taping IS Theft
 Dec 30 2015, 06:44:16 PM

Hogan, this isn't to create an argument I'm simply sharing some information I found.  According to NYState's Penal Code unauthorized recording (audio and/or video) inside a motion picture or live theatre is (a) a violation; (b) a class A misdemeanor; (c) class E felony.  The differences being the number of times the person has cited for breaking this law.  As far as I know these laws can be found in Sections 275.32-34 of the Penal Code. The law also cover the manufa

The ongoing complaint of the playwright.
 Dec 30 2015, 05:10:39 PM

I have not yet read the article the OP references.  Despite that I'm compelled to add one, or two, facts that the OP misses in his/her comments.  Everyone, EVERYONE, makes money off the playwright from the day a play/musical is optioned.  Except for the count-them-on-one-hand playwrights who command and get top dollar upfront and sometimes BO percentages, the playwright is nearly always the lowest paid in every production. The producer, director, the designers, the act

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You