News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LaeloftheLakes

LaeloftheLakes Profile Photo
Member Name: LaeloftheLakes
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: 18 years old, wannabe actress (and proud of it!). Been stalking Broadway for years, but due to living in a tiny town in Northern California, only been able to see Broadway shows recently. Seen plenty of shows on tour, though, mostly in SF and Sac.

Currently a college freshman in a tiny town in central NY, aka Nowhere, USA.

Love: RENT (unrepentantly), lots of geeky interests (that we won't go into right now).

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: TABOO - What was wrong?
 Oct 31 2005, 10:40:42 AM
When I heard about it, saw the cast recording but did not buy, I thought it looked awful, like nothing I'd ever want to see. I pretty much had to be forced to experience it, and it's one of my favorite shows of all time. I'd say marketing.
re: Zanna
 Sep 10 2005, 10:29:09 PM
I counted once. I believe the only song without the word "love" in it is "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
re: Anthony Rapp Walked By Me Today--Twice!
 Sep 8 2005, 08:12:56 PM
can't we talk for three pages without having to bring up butt pinching and earth shattering sex? honestly...

This only amused me because it's coming from CATS. Now, THAT'S entertainment!

re: Cast Members of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang to perform in Cabaret Cares to
 Aug 30 2005, 11:08:10 PM
Pfft. To this day I haven't been welcomed by emcee.
re: 'You'll See' question
 Aug 30 2005, 07:03:41 PM
Huh. I like that second interpretation. It's even cuter than the first! I never thought of it.
re: Alan Ruck and Richard Kind
 Aug 30 2005, 02:48:23 PM
Eh, they're okay. As far as the singing, I'd say Alan is better, but they can both pull it off okay.
re: Rent Blog Update
 Aug 30 2005, 01:52:57 PM
1. Wilson = AdorableWonderfulLovely.

2. *backs slooowly away from RENThead contest*

There is NO way I'm getting involved in that. Seeing as I know that people who really are THE MOST DESERVING(tm) wouldn't really enter themselves in this contest, I'm voting with one big fat abstension.

Anthony Movies
 Aug 29 2005, 03:46:28 PM
you can't find it anywhere in the U.S.A. But the site fnac.com has it. It's in French, though...
re: Karmine Alers' CD 'For You...' OUT NOW!
 Aug 29 2005, 03:38:10 PM
It ain't like Clay wrote it.
Anthony Movies
 Aug 29 2005, 03:33:28 PM
Here's a great review/synopsis I found of it:

""Paradisco" is a welcome tonic to the "sex = death" neo-prudery that passes for gay sexuality today.

Francois (the handsome veteran French theater and film actor Jerome Pradon) has picked up a young stud, Nicolas (cute as a button newcomer Nicolas Larzul). The next morning, Francois' effeminate American friend (the almost unrecognizable Anthony Rapp ["Adventures in Babysitting," "Dazed and Confused," "Road Trip," "Cruise Control

Anthony Movies
 Aug 29 2005, 03:22:00 PM
I will. He's supposed to be this fascinating, sexy American. That's pretty much the description on the cover.
Anthony Movies
 Aug 29 2005, 03:11:59 PM
No, because it moves. But I'll pm you the link to it in my LJ, if you want.

Ooops, never mind. It's too big to fit in there. If you pm me your email, I'll send it to you.

Anthony Movies
 Aug 29 2005, 02:48:57 PM
I made a funny little icon out of that and a pic of him in Hedwig. Quite humorous.
Anthony Movies
 Aug 29 2005, 02:45:20 PM
I don't remember where I found them...but isn't it terrifying?
David Searching.
 Aug 29 2005, 01:57:14 PM
Speaking of his lesser known roles, does anyone know anything about Paradisco? I know it's only available in France, but I have a friend there who's going to coach me through ordering it from Fnac. The picture of him in what looks like Elton John's wardrobe makes it worth it...effing priceless.
re: saddest songs
 Aug 28 2005, 11:33:02 PM
"Il Adore" from Taboo
"Do You Know What It's Like" from Zanna, Don't (for personal reasons, I cry every time)
Of course the ICY:R from Rent
"Goodbye, Love" from Rent, but only live.
"From This Day On" from Brigadoon
"Cabaret" from Cabaret, but only if done properly.
"You Must Love Me" from Evita
"Chavelah" from Fiddler

re: adam my love.
 Aug 28 2005, 11:16:46 PM
This thread hurts. It makes me miss my BWW vacation.
re: Anthony Rapp in RENT trailer..
 Aug 28 2005, 11:15:05 PM
"And never fear, ladies, the boy is only a Kinsey Five."

Yes, but since I'm a 5.5 myself, there's a VERY slim chance of anything, my girlfriend and his boyfriend notwithstanding.

re: Tick, tick...Boom!
 May 20 2005, 06:55:48 PM
In a TINY nutshell to give you an idea of the play:

Jonathan lives in NYC. Susan is his girlfriend, Michael is his friend. Jonathan deals with turning 30 in 1990, the lack of success he's had in his career so far, his girlfriend leaving him, and his best friend confessing that he has AIDS.

re: Marcus Paul James as Collins in RENT
 May 20 2005, 06:07:06 PM
I saw him the 6th and 7th, and he was AMAZING! He's such a SWEET Collins. I've never seen the part played with such vulnerability before. He was almost shy with Angel during ICY, and the sheer emotion in the ICY:R floored me. His voice...is pretty.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You