News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Scott19

Member Name: Scott19
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
 Jul 8 2023, 03:56:34 PM

Kad said: "I mean, the Marcoses were allies of the US and given shelter in Hawaii by the government when they fled. And now here is Imelda 30+ years later, the subject of a party-like show on Broadway while her son is leading the Philippines. Implicate the audience, implicate the country, in all this. Have people sing along to a boppy tune and then pull the rug out from under them."

This. 100 %.

Jul 8 2023, 02:21:05 PM

Kad said: "bwaylyric said: "No reprise tonight. After the three leads did their bows, I got excited when Arielle got hold of a mic, but all she ended up saying was “Come on, everybody!” End of music. Cue the confetti. In this club setting, this show needs a better send-off. I’d suggest some sort of remix a la Six."

Kind of funny that for all of the production’s arguments against hiring live musicians revolving around “this i

Jun 17 2023, 02:28:33 PM

@voteperon. Thanks for writing that.

i’m kinda baffled by some of the reactions to the dance floor tickets.

first, it’s great that there are ticketing options for those who don’t feel like standing. Fantastic.

For me and my friends (me 60 and friends in late 60s and early 70s) who saw this multiple times at the Public, it was important for us to get the floor tickets because the show is such a unique experience.

Also keep in mind t

Was Madonna any good in "Speed-the-Plow"?
 May 31 2023, 05:15:48 PM

@Jarethan is bang-on. The play was meh and short. Silver and Mantegna were good. And I thought Madonna was fine. The role didn't demand much of her. That's what she delivered.

The thing that I remember more than the play was the crazy stage door scene when we were trying to exit the theatre. Barricades everywhere. It took some effort to get out of the area.

Play about making of "Jaws" THE SHARK IS BROKEN by Ian Shaw (son of Robert) to open on Broadway
 Apr 25 2023, 09:54:48 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "This play is SO. GOOD. And you don’t have to be a fan of the film to enjoy this (but it certainly will help)."

Agree, Jordan. Saw it in the West End and in Toronto. The script has great energy and the performances terrific. And the way Ian Shaw channels his father is quite something. 

And the whole time i kept thinking back to when I was 11 years old, lining up for hours to see Jaws when it first came out. Soooo many summers a

Liz Kingsman's London Hit ONE WOMAN SHOW Will Transfer Off-Broadway This June
 Apr 18 2023, 01:16:03 AM

@vernongersch - I’m with you on this. Liked it. Was glad I saw it. But my expectations were probably unrealistic after all of the incredible UK reviews. 

THE GLASS MENAGERIE with Amy Adams in London
 May 30 2022, 07:51:37 PM

Thanks, Jordan. 

Back To The Future it is!!! (I did see Life of Pi back in the fall. Loved it!!)

Thanks for taking the time. Much appreciated.

THE GLASS MENAGERIE with Amy Adams in London
 May 30 2022, 02:46:13 PM

@jordancatalano Jordan, I'm heading to the UK next week for an extended stay. Curious if you might have any recommendations that I might be missing out on? I'm booked for My Fair Lady, The Corn Is Green, Straight Lines Crazy, The Burnt City, To Kill A Mockingbird, House of Shade, and Bonnie and Clyde. (I saw Cabaret and Get Up! Stand Up! last December. I enjoyed both a lot but don't feel the need to revisit.).

I've always admired your take on theatre, so would welcome a

Girl From the North Country to be filmed
 Apr 28 2022, 07:53:49 PM

I so wish I could have been there.

This show is such an extraordinary thing to experience. I’ve seen it three times in different cities and I was a mess    At the end of each visit.:)

i dont get back to the city til the end of June. I do wish the run could hold on for a couple of extra weeks. Sigh.

Punchdrunk's The Burnt City (London)
 Apr 12 2022, 10:25:04 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

it looks like I’ve got some prep to do ahead of my June visit.

Punchdrunk's The Burnt City (London)
 Apr 12 2022, 02:14:59 AM

@blaxx, I’m seeing it in June. 
there’s some discussion on the West End Theatreboard that people were having trouble following the performance and actually missing parts.

Did you have any problems?

West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
 Nov 4 2021, 03:42:20 PM

Thanks, again. Jordan. Much appreciated. smiley

West End CABARET with Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne
 Nov 4 2021, 10:46:44 AM

Owen22 said: "Got an email from the theatre. Everyone who sees the show, double vaccinated or not, will have to show a Covid test taken within 48 hours of attendance."

Owen22, anything you can post here? I didn't receive an email from the theatre and can't see it on their website.  

Oh, and thanks for flagging. Much appreciated.

Suggestions for London Trip in Dec
 Nov 2 2021, 08:45:22 PM
Thanks for the testing info, Jordan. Heading to London at the end of the month and was getting overwhelmed in doing testing research.
The Music Man should do the right thing and postpone/cancel the run now
 Jun 20 2020, 12:54:26 PM
@mikem. I didn’t provide a reason. I just requested that my order be refunded. It took two days. Very quick.
Six or Girl from the North Country
 Feb 14 2020, 12:19:26 PM
They are such different types of shows.

Although reviews on the board for GFTNC have been harsh, I love the show, especially the Toronto/West End cast) I find it to be a beautiful and haunting play with music.

Now, judging from the list of shows you’ve already lined up for your upcoming trip, I’m in full agreement with others that you should go for SIX. I loved it when I saw it on London and hope to see it again when I’m in NYC in the spring.

Have a great trip.

Girl from North Country advice
 Feb 6 2020, 06:20:21 PM

I saw the production at the Public as well as the Toronto and West End productions. I think it's an amazing piece of work. So beautiful and so poignant. And the musical performances are really terrific.

But I'm just one more opinion on this thread.

Take your husband and go. It's definitely worth the risk. :)

Death of a Salesman - Nathan Lane - 2021
 Nov 21 2019, 01:39:51 PM

haterobics said: "LightsOut90 said: "Im going to be so angry if this happens over the Wendell Pierce revival transferring..."

If things that aren't yet announced come to fruition over other things that were never announced it is good to preannounce one's disappointment.
"

I think this made my day. :) Thanks for the wisdom, Haterobics.

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
 Sep 14 2019, 04:31:27 PM

Robbie2 said: "Scott19 said: "Can anyone give some feedback on how far back the mezzanine starts in the winter garden in relation to the orchestra?

Thanks for your help.
"

Thank you!!!!

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
 Sep 14 2019, 11:00:35 AM

CT2NYC said: "Scott19 said: "Can anyone give some feedback on how far back the mezzanine starts in the winter garden in relation to the orchestra?

Thanks for your help.
"

Row O
"

Thank you.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You