News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ClapYo'Hands

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
Member Name: ClapYo'Hands
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 30 2024, 02:34:54 PM

Despite her age, this is still a shock. She was still so active. 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadwa  Jan 4 2024, 09:28:48 AM

Which theater? The Majestic?

Dion Musical ‘The Wanderer’ Announces Spring 2022 Pre-Broadway Run  May 18 2021, 06:52:18 PM

ArtMan said: "Dion had alot more hits. Two more were Dreamlover and Teenager in Love. If you watched the early seasons of Happy Days and the movie American Graffiti, you'll recognize quite a few. I'm not interested in seeing this, so I only stopped at two, other than the songs mentioned. I'm sure his hits solo and with the Belmonts as well as the many covers he did, could make up enough to make the audience happy. Part of the book for Act 2, would probably detail theplane

Favorite Short Lived Musicals?  Sep 4 2019, 10:22:04 AM
Rags
Ryan Murphy Set To Adapt A CHORUS LINE  Sep 4 2019, 07:45:46 AM
Could this be like Fosse/Verdon, but just about A Chorus Line?
Are most vocal selections pretty similar from what actual broadway musicians have to play?  Aug 24 2019, 08:05:09 PM

For the most part, Vocal Selections are vastly simplified renditions of the numbers from a show, and very different to what would appear in a Piano/Vocal or Piano/Conductor score.

Firstly, vocal selections are designed to be accesible to a large range of performers of varying ability. Therefore, the piano writing is much simpler and will generally consist of doubling the vocal line and chords either on the beat or in the rhythm of the melody with the bassline often single notes. No

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Aug 24 2019, 05:27:38 PM
If only the Mark Hellinger were still a legitimate theater...

(I know it was owned by the Nederlanders, before anyone corrects me).

Josefina Gabrielle - Oklahoma  Aug 14 2019, 09:43:01 AM

Josefina Gabrielle is a wonderful, wonderful actor/singer/dancer.

She was most recently a brilliant Desiree Armfeldt in A Little Night Music, and the best Velma Kelly I've ever seen in the recent West End revival of Chicago.

Cameron Mackintosh Asks Understudies to Stop Tweeting Their Upcoming Appearances  Sep 15 2016, 04:28:47 AM

If they're going to have any policy regarding Twitter, it should be that these "Twitter take-over" things by cast members should be stopped immediately.

Grizabella Replacements?  Sep 14 2016, 04:12:19 AM

everythingtaboo said: "If you think there's any chance they'll go for an actress over 40, you're nuts. (That said, I'd love but can't imagine Heather Headley would do it. I mean, it's one song. She's too big for that, especially coming off the raves for Color Purple.)"

The average age for Grizabella's in the London Revival (Nicole Sherzinger/Berverley Knight/Kerry Ellis/Jane McDonald (Blackpool)) was 43, so I have no idea what you

Grizabella Replacements?  Sep 13 2016, 08:45:18 PM

Montego Glover?

Whatever happened to cast jackets?  Sep 6 2016, 11:40:04 AM

"Whatever happened to cast jackets?
And pure garments?
And nice manners?
"

Broadway Before & After  Jul 8 2016, 08:42:13 PM

Kiss of the Spider Woman in White. 

American psycho  May 31 2016, 06:02:20 AM

Oh the joys of musical theatre nowadays where the music is on computers. 

The Gospel Accoring To Scott Rudin  May 11 2016, 03:44:22 AM

I really don't understand the issue with water.

I am a regular theatregoer here in London, and I always have a bottle of water with me for the performance. It is a thicker plastic, not the kind that would make that crinkling sound, and I only ever drink from it in blackouts/scene changes/applause.

I've never encountered this as a problem with ushers, and regularly ask for the bottle to be refilled at the bar post-show. If one relied on the bar for

Conducting without sheet music  Apr 12 2016, 02:24:50 AM

rcwr said: "At a Boston performance of The Sound of Music last week, I was sitting in the front row and noticed that the conductor did the entire show without sheet music. I was astonished -- but I also know I've seen way fewer shows than many people on here. Is it unusual to conduct a show without sheet music?"

Many conductors do this since they conduct the same music night after night. It's a bit risky sometimes, but ce

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Mar 27 2016, 07:13:25 AM

LightsOut90 said: "Betsy is attached."

Joslyn?

Lead actors who are in the ensemble for certain songs  Mar 24 2016, 10:15:15 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "^ you don't need a link. You have to watch the show and look at the faces."

Don't worry, I know that what LizzieCurry says is true, I was just joking.

Lead actors who are in the ensemble for certain songs  Mar 24 2016, 10:14:20 PM

StephieElise said: "I don't know if it's the case for all productions, but in the current Australian production of Cats the actress playing Grizabella plays another nondescript cat in the opening number. "

"When you're walking alone..."

Lead actors who are in the ensemble for certain songs  Mar 24 2016, 06:59:42 PM

LizzieCurry said: "If you consider them leads, Marius, Cosette, Enjolras, Eponine, and the Thénardiers are all in the ensemble before their respective characters' first scenes."

Link?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You