News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for GreenGirl

GreenGirl Profile Photo
Member Name: GreenGirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: BROOKLYN review by Munk
 Feb 16 2005, 05:05:25 PM
(um, warning-may include spoiler)
Hey Munk--
The character who plays Streetsinger is a 'nam vet who fell in love with a real Faith. ("there's a little truth in every fairytale..."). It's kind of a twist that the street performers’ story is inspired by his past and his reflection on what might have happened…
I didn’t hate BKLYN. Perhaps it’s the show’s low budget appearance that makes it look like it would be more at home at some obscure off-Broadway location. I really enjoyed the

re: Have you ever attended TONYs? Looking for tips...
 Feb 16 2005, 02:53:37 PM
Goodness knows we WANT an excuse to dress up, but it's not like we're going to be on the red carpet, so how much is too much for those of us in nose-bleed seats?

I've been checking the Tony website for ticket info, and it has yet to be updated. Is some kind of announcement usually made regarding when tickets ARE available for sale?

Have you ever attended TONYs? Looking for tips...
 Feb 16 2005, 02:37:55 PM
My cousin (all the way from Alaska!!) and I will be in NYC during the Tonys, and we would LOVE to go to the award presentation. All that I can find out right now is that it will be held on June 5th at Radio City Music Hall. I would really appreciate ANY info about how to get tix (since I don’t know anyone that important), about how much they might cost, when they’re available to purchase, etc. Also, what’s appropriate for “little people” (and I don’t mean Leprechauns) to wear, what seats are
re: Is Wildhorn that bad?
 Feb 16 2005, 02:07:13 PM
As a native Houstonian, I had the opportunity to see a few versions of J&H years before it toured. It was absolutely phenomenal. I must agree with Mister Matt and CATSNYrevival that the show was MUCH better before it landed on B'way. I was horrified when I saw the much-changed version. Not only were some of the best songs cut, but the entire production had morphed into this hideous, cheap, gothic "thriller". The lighting, staging, even costumes were altered (need I mention lousy sound effect
re: Wicked Tickets!?!?!
 Feb 16 2005, 12:47:09 PM
Yes, unless you're on far L or R, generally all seats are pretty good because of sloping floor (so nobody's head will be in the way). The Gershwin is a pretty good-sized theatre, so there IS a distance factor, though. i sat row C mezz, house right, and the view was pretty good. We got canc tix a few nights later for the very last row of the orch and I almost liked those better!

If you've only got one shot at getting in, I would certainly go for the canc line. Unlike the lotto, arrivin

re: Semi - Uncomfortable Broadway Moments
 Feb 9 2005, 01:48:05 PM
Hey jonartdesigns, what exactly IS bialystock's yiddish translation...?
re: Broadway's BROOKLYN dress made from trash bags costs $2,000.00
 Nov 23 2004, 02:20:35 PM
YIKES!
Well, I s'pose that although it looks like garbage, the costumes DO have to be hardy enough to undergo quick changes and many performances, so there must be something other than duct tape holding it together underneath!
I have a couple of costume pics collected from the 'net (Paradice black bags & Brooklyn twister), but I can't figure out how to load the things.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You