News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TylerJia

TylerJia Profile Photo
Member Name: TylerJia
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Darren Criss and Helen J Shen Will Lead MAYBE HAPPY ENDING on Broadway
 May 14 2024, 11:31:56 AM

The design is STUNNING, I hope they don't change a thing

SCHMIGADOON! to play Kennedy Center
 May 7 2024, 10:43:45 AM

It's not a metaphor
Oh no, it's something more
Iiiiiit's a - li-ter-al bridge

I love this stupid show

Manhattan Concert Productions to do
 Nov 27 2018, 12:59:35 PM

Scarlet Leigh said: "First clue is up on their facebook.

"Our leading man shares an alma mater with Broadway's meanest girl. "

So Taylor Louderman went University of Michigan and the potential list of actors is now MUCH shorter. I want one more clue before I submit a guess cuz I have it down to 2. One would be the logi cal choice for the role and one would be a stuntcast to sell out the performance.
"

I believe Darren Criss attended

What is the cleverest stage trick you have seen?
 Feb 18 2017, 07:45:46 PM

The act 2 opening of Groundhog Day was pretty spectacular in London, won't give it away but plenty of 'spark' involved.. hope it stays for Broadway! (Looks like most elements of the show are)

Tonys Determine Eligibility for DEAR EVAN HANSEN, THE GREAT COMET & More
 Jan 26 2017, 04:49:36 PM

Interesting that Lapine is eligible for Falsettos, how many directors have been nominated twice for directing the same show? (No matter how radically different the staging!)

Up Here
 Oct 18 2016, 04:22:47 PM

Whatever happened to Bobby and Kirsten's musical? I heard little about the premiere production with Betsy Wolfe and now it's just disappeared completely.

What were people's thoughts on the show? Good, bad? Is it dead in the water? What's next? I'm so interested!

Under-active composers
 May 9 2016, 05:15:45 AM

My all time favourite score is Urinetown so I'd love to see a new show from Greg Kotis and Mark Hollmann. I know they had that show about yeast a few years ago that went under the radar a bit and it was announced they were working on a project with Bob Martin too, but I just want the shows now!

Roger Bart
 May 8 2016, 09:11:20 AM

I recently watched the Show People with Roger Bart and he said about how he hopes to be here on Broadway to stay for a little while and I started thinking of other shows he could go in to. I thought to myself "how weird would it be for him to go into Fun Home?" And giggled but then I thought to myself about him replacing Michael Cerveris and almost thought I could dig that.... Sure he nearly always plays the goofs and the camp comedy roles but started to think about how I'd be r

IT'S ONLY A PLAY creative team
 Aug 23 2014, 07:27:56 PM
It kinda looks like Bialystock and Bloom's act 2 office... But I love it
Stephen Sondheim Inc
 Jun 24 2014, 07:26:37 PM
A very amusing opinion on the film's changes...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=got2nHHpy3s

Best songs of the season?
 Jun 22 2014, 09:13:23 AM
Been listening to several cast recordings of this last season today and just been thinking about how although it's not been a groundbreaking year, there have been a few outstanding tunes, and was just wondering about everyone else's opinion?

I've loved "I've Decided to Marry You" from Gentleman's Guide, "One Second and a Million Miles" from Bridges, "Fight The Dragons" from Big Fish, "Our Love Is God" from Heathers (I know, off-broadway) and NPH's "Origin of Love" (if it counts!)
Betsy Wolfe as Elphaba?
 Jun 1 2014, 07:13:15 PM
Anyone see this happening? I'd love to see it personally...
Cry Baby Cast Recording?
 May 22 2014, 05:20:12 AM
On James Snyder's Broadway.com video blog, we saw him in the studio listening to tracks for a Cry Baby recording that will be available for people licensing the show. Anyone know anymore about this and if there'll be a commercial release? (I hope I'm not the only person who would love a copy of the recording!)
Colin Hanlon singing See Her Smile
 Apr 15 2014, 03:30:06 AM
You're right, there is an odd resemblance there! Such a pretty voice...
Colin Hanlon singing See Her Smile
 Apr 14 2014, 03:22:08 PM
Makes me kinda wish we were seeing him at Encores rather then Mister Miranda...

http://youtu.be/d7oE6VTivWA

PINK would be perfect for PETER PAN!
 Feb 1 2014, 12:32:39 PM
I can really imagine Ross Lynch off Disney Channel as Peter, great draw in the teen crowd (don't know how well he can sing life though!)
Daddy Long Lega
 Jan 10 2014, 08:53:55 PM
Listening to the cast recording for the first time and I think it's gorgeous! Can't quite picture the actual show or production though. What are others thoughts?
Sondheim's weaker lyrics/rhymes
 Dec 25 2013, 04:07:51 PM
"Oh when the Jets roll in at the Cornball dance, we'll be the sweetest dressing gang in pants"

I know it was early in his career, but has always got to me.

Amour
 Oct 11 2013, 08:10:15 PM
So I've been a big fan of the OBCR of Amour for quite some time (Gets, Errico, Lewis, Fitzgerald - what a cast!) but know nothing of its staging and the way the story flows, other than what story you can pick up from the music!
One thing that has bugged me endlessly is how did they do all the walking through walls? I know it's not the biggest accomplishment in technical theatre history but it's so crucial to the show and I just wonder how they did it? (Or what it looked like rather)

Why has there never been a full Seussical CD?
 Sep 30 2013, 04:48:05 PM
I'm currently directing a youth production (of the full show, not the jr version) and am incredibly baffled as to why they've never splashed out for a full recording of the full licensed version of the show.

I know the Off-Broadway cast recording has the entire Jr version on, line for line - but I find it strange that there is so much content in the full version and so many very different arrangements of the songs on either recording that MTI or Weinberger have never felt the need to

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You