News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for quizking101

quizking101 Profile Photo
Member Name: quizking101
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Imelda Staunton Hello, Dolly starts tonight!
 Jul 26 2024, 09:27:59 PM

Going to be honest, I saw this tonight and felt it to be…honorific and bland.

The Palladium is a HUGE house to play and this production just seemed turned into itself too much to let the audience in. It was missing all of the pop and fizz that made the last Broadway revival such a hoot. Adding songs from the movie also just prolonged the show unnecessarily and didn’t add anything of worth.

Imelda was okay, but the only time she came most alive was “So Long Dea

West End Comings & Goings
 Jul 26 2024, 03:58:40 PM

I LOVED “Two Strangers”. I saw it last night and thus far, it surprised me as one of my favorites as “Mincemeat” did last year.

I’m curious to see who could do it here though since, even though Sam and Dujonna have fabulous comedic chemistry, I’m uncertain it will translate to a reason for transfer.

Are there any British-born American actors would could take on the role here? Honestly drawing a blank.

Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 25 2024, 07:22:36 PM

infinitefoxes said: "Could definitely be me reading into it too much but in several recent interviews where Jack Wolfe has been asked about his future acting plans he's always replied something along the lines of that he's "clinging on to Next to Normal for as long as he can", which to me implies that there's definitely conversations happening somewhere about him going over with it.

Caissie Levy's obviously a definite, but as much as I loveEleanor

Patrick Marber will direct THE PRODUCERS for London’s Menier Chocolate Factory, beginning November 2024
 Jul 25 2024, 07:11:00 PM

berniesb!tch said: "I wonder if they would ever "odd couple" this and do it with two women. I'd love to see Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson take a crack at it."

Maxine Bialystock and Leona Bloom

Sounds like a high-powered ladies’ law firm 

Jul 24 2024, 08:30:43 PM

Page Bump

Jul 24 2024, 07:14:30 PM

But you didn’t answer the fundamental question - exactly WHAT about this makes this tied to the time it was written/debuted?

If you can answer that, then your argument/opinion/whatever would hold a lot more water.

It’s not like ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO’S NEST which, given how it depicts psychiatric hospitals and treatments now considered barbaric (lobotomies being the main one), THAT makes it a period piece since it’s realistic, but connected to the 

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 24 2024, 04:16:58 PM

This really seems like rather luxury casting for both roles. I think Redmayne’s name is doing the lion’s share of marquee value. Here, you have two people who are relatively well known for different areas.

The Gen Z crowd will go nuts for Auli’i as she was not only Moana, but was recently Janis in the MEAN GIRLS movie.

Honestly, if he could sing, Cole Escola would be a GREAT emcee down the road.

I just hope they replace Ato Blankson-Wood while they&rsquo

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 24 2024, 02:31:09 PM

SmokeyLady said: "The replacements in London have all followed the same vocal path in the show. I am afraid if you're going to watch Adam let loose you might be disappointed. "

HARD Disagree. I saw Mason Alexander Park last year and Layton Williams just a few nights ago and, while there is a bit of a character voice, neither went anywhere NEAR the Muppet voice of Eddie Redmayne at all. Layton even added quite a few opt-ups in some of the songs (particularly Wilko

Jul 24 2024, 06:27:45 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "They did a great job updating this production so it doesn’t look like its from aaaaalllllllllll the way back in 2008. Theytook out the scene where Diana goes to the hospital in the horse and buggy and Gabe is no longer a Victorian era ghost wearing chains. Natalie is a high school student now instead of working in the factory and Dr. Madden is now a real doctor who doesn’t try to cure Diana by using a vibrator."

The cackle I just le

Jul 23 2024, 07:49:07 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "It’s a great production of a highly overrated show (I get I’m the minority), but it’s a rare example of Act II being incredibly superior to the first. Next To Normal is a frustrating endeavor for me because no matter how hard a director tries, it’s a 2000s period piece. Until a show rectifies that, I’m not sure I need to see it again."

How, pray tell, is this a period piece?

I saw the original Broadway producti

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jul 21 2024, 10:43:17 AM

From my experience being canceled yesterday, I filled out the form link to exchange the minute it was texted to me and they got back to me with new tickets in about 3 hours. I will say that, since an extension isn’t looking likely, fill it out and act quickly and you’ll be able to get seats for another show. 

Jul 20 2024, 01:03:31 PM

It appears both of today’s performances have been cancelled again due to cast member illness. I think COVID is going around the cast since it’s taking everyone out for roughly 4-5 days at a time.

Jul 19 2024, 07:57:43 PM

From what I know from certain cast, they have a contract until the beginning of September for any extensions.

Anything beyond that would have to be negotiated.

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 18 2024, 01:21:58 PM

ColorTheHours048 said: "Mandy Gonzalez will be the Norma alternate."

Missed opportunity for Mary Todd Lincoln 

JOB Previews
 Jul 17 2024, 11:08:58 AM

HunterK said: "May I ask…did it run only 80 minutes? I’m seeing it on Thursday at 5pm with another show at 7pm. Just want to make sure I’m going to make it.

Thanks in advance!
"

Just based on the math, assume it starts 5-10 minutes late, 5 minutes give or take for preview adjustments, and then your travel to your next theatre (?). It’s definitely possible but also cutting it close depending on where your next show is

Carolee Carmello to lead KIMBERLY AKIMBO National Tour
 Jul 17 2024, 11:04:24 AM

Starting in September 2024

https://kimberlyakimbothemusical.com/#company

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Carolee-Carmello-Will-Lead-National-Tour-of-KIMBERLY-AKIMBO-20240717

My daughter’s late September trip to London
 Jul 17 2024, 12:17:14 AM

I believe they do have a TKTS booth there and also TodayTix is HUGE in London for rush.

I prefer to buy in advance because I don’t like to risk getting a seat that won’t fit me.

As for show recommendations, OPERATION MINCEMEAT is a MUST. I would also recommend the immersive GUYS AND DOLLS. STARLIGHT EXPRESS looks like a heavily immersive experience that likely won’t be replicated anywhere else, so I would put that in the mix. 

I can personally attes

JOB Previews
 Jul 16 2024, 11:45:25 PM

willep said: "Trains were still an absolute mess four hours later. My 45 minute commute home took 90."

That’s why whenever I have to take any mass transit (usually NJ Transit), I do so with the goal of getting there no later than doors opening.

I saw a lot of people on Twitter pissed, but also saying they left home at, like, 7:20/7:30 - which is really poor planning in my opinion.

10th anniversary of Heathers
 Jul 16 2024, 10:33:33 AM

I saw it at The Other Palace in London last year and I found it riotously funny, though obviously missing the bite of the original film. Some parts haven’t aged well over time - mostly the school gun violence, but also an entire number about “My Dead Gay Son”.

I don’t think a Broadway run would really be good for this property - mostly because, as American society, these issues hit WAY too close to home these days to genuinely be considered good fodder for a mus

Jul 14 2024, 07:22:22 PM

To my understanding, they were much stricter about it during previews because the production was still working things out and didn’t want anything really spoiled before it frozen/opened. (Some of the cast’s social media mentioned this). 

They seem to be more lenient now, but also…why does someone need to film the curtain call? Just clap and have a ball instead (pun intended)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You